Is this possible with RPi and RuneAudio? marine environment

Raspberry Pi related support

Is this possible with RPi and RuneAudio? marine environment

Postby brucemac » 30 Nov 2021, 02:10

I'm investigating a way to improve upon Bluetooth audio streaming from my mobile device to my boat's stereo head unit via Aux In (RCA Stereo).

From what I've read thus far, besting Bluetooth sound quality would require streaming over WiFi via Airplay, SpotifyConnect, or playing directly from local host files on a RPi with Rune Audio.

I've poked around Raspotify, but from what I've read so far, it looks like the RPi may require an Internet connection for this to work? Is this true? What if the mobile device has a cellular connection (is hotspot capable) and you setup the RPi to act as a WiFi AP? Does this mitigate the issue and allow for Raspotify to work?

I'm prepared to build out a Pi with a HiFiberry DAC, have investigated the proper way to provide power to the Pi via my 12V system, but I'm not sure I want to continue pursuing this if my goal isn't realistic, or unobtainable.

Are there other options I'm overlooking, or other ways to skin this cat? Space is limited (obviously) and I'd like for this to be as clean and "elegant" of a solution as possible.

Thanks in advance for any insight or advice.
brucemac

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi