IR Receiver & Remote support

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: IR Receiver & Remote support

Postby yjo » 15 May 2015, 05:23

Maybe that does not mean double press, but means the character of your remote controller.
Your system looks working well, so try combination with irexec.

yjo
yjo

Postby eratical » 16 May 2015, 00:42

Thx for your help yjo.

Unfortunately, it’s a double tap. When i configure irexec, commands are executing twice.
As i see on others forums, it’s a frequent issue. I will try to resolve but i’m not familiar with Arch
eratical

Postby yjo » 16 May 2015, 12:24

Sorry, I don't know what is important. But I suppose the above problem is caused by lirc (and/or related) setting(s) and not by archLinux itself.

BTW, I traced my job (and found some mistakes in the older posts :shock: ).

I rewrote the simple step-by-step instruction of IR remote control.

http://yjo-blog.blogspot.jp/2015/05/runeaudio-03-summary-system-setting.html

Good luck!

yjo
yjo

Postby XploD » 16 May 2015, 19:17

Thank you for helping us and for your time! As soon as I find some time, I will try this from scratch following your new tutorial.

In the meantime, I went a little further with GPIO and added LCD display with keys. I'll write tutorial and give code probably on my site and then give it here on forum.
Attachments
DSC_1322.JPG
DSC_1322.JPG (138.35 KiB) Viewed 2337 times
Music taste: xplodmusic @ Last.fm
Audio source: Raspberry Pi 2 + Sabre ES9023 DAC + WD 500 GB HDD + TP-Link TL-WN722N Wi-Fi + D-LINK Dub H7 USB hub
Hi-Fi: Phillips DCD-7010
Mixer: Nady Audio MM-242
Misc: Tube Stereo Vumeter (Magic Eye)
XploD

Postby mishgun » 21 May 2015, 15:11

XploD wrote:Thank you for helping us and for your time! As soon as I find some time, I will try this from scratch following your new tutorial.

In the meantime, I went a little further with GPIO and added LCD display with keys. I'll write tutorial and give code probably on my site and then give it here on forum.

I look forward to your description. I too want the screen to see the name of the groups and songs.
mishgun

Postby XploD » 21 May 2015, 17:42

mishgun wrote:
XploD wrote:Thank you for helping us and for your time! As soon as I find some time, I will try this from scratch following your new tutorial.

I look forward to your description. I too want the screen to see the name of the groups and songs.

I lost my C program but I created another in Python, and this one also scrolls both artist and title (in separated lines) if it's too long but I have some problems: when the song changes, writing to LCD gets very slow, you can clearly see how each charachter gets printed on the LCD. It's somehow cool but still something I want to avoid, because I want my new song information on the LCD display right now.

I thought that my code is bad and tried many things but it seems that writing to LCD is very slow on Python (using RPLCD library) but the weird thing is that it works fluently and fine when scrolling text. Only on song change it gets slow. Also I tried it with online radio station and there's no problem as well. Then I read somewhere that RPLCD is using /sys/gpio for GPIO which means that it has to open the file, write to it and close it each time it has to use GPIO. MPD also needs to fetch the new song so probably the problem lays in interfering between MPD's reading song file and my script writing to "files" for updating LCD.

Now I have to see if there's a better solution. I think that there's a WiringPi wrapper for Python, and WiringPi is 10-20 times faster and it's not using /sys/gpio
Music taste: xplodmusic @ Last.fm
Audio source: Raspberry Pi 2 + Sabre ES9023 DAC + WD 500 GB HDD + TP-Link TL-WN722N Wi-Fi + D-LINK Dub H7 USB hub
Hi-Fi: Phillips DCD-7010
Mixer: Nady Audio MM-242
Misc: Tube Stereo Vumeter (Magic Eye)
XploD

Postby yjo » 23 May 2015, 11:42

eratical wrote:Unfortunately, it’s a double tap. When i configure irexec, commands are executing twice.
As i see on others forums, it’s a frequent issue. I will try to resolve but i’m not familiar with Arch

This is only an idea, but how about?

/etc/conf.d/lircrc
Code: Select all
begin
           button = OK
           button = OK
           prog = irexec
           config = echo "This is test."
end

The key point is placing two identical "button=" lines.

yjo
yjo

Postby phuongdk » 25 May 2015, 09:23

Wow, I'm very interesting with your LCD display. Can you make a tutorial and share your code? :P
Many thanks!
phuongdk

Postby hondagx35 » 25 May 2015, 18:03

Hi,

if someone has problems with getting lirc to work, please take a look here.

"irrecord" doesn't seem to work proper on arch-linux-arm.
The config files recorded with irrecord are not correct at all.
I copied my lircd.conf from an other machine and all works just fine now.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby yjo » 26 May 2015, 14:47

hondagx35 wrote:"irrecord" doesn't seem to work proper on arch-linux-arm.
The config files recorded with irrecord are not correct at all.

Oh, I confirmed that. :o

My config file was created on Volumio, because I first tried to use the remote controller on Volumio.
I'll add this issue on my blog.
Thx.

yjo
yjo

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi