Incomplete library loading & Wifi enable / disable

Raspberry Pi related support

Incomplete library loading & Wifi enable / disable

Postby cristache » 26 Aug 2021, 09:33

Hello boys and girls...

I'm glad to be in this audio lovers community. I'm newbie on Raspberry Pi, but old on music listening.
Long story shot... I try to load my all music library from my NAS and my library was loaded incomplete.

About music tools.

Raspberry Pi 3B
NAS - ASUSTOR 6604T
Main Audio folder shared - nas
Subfolders with audio - 3 - CLASSICAL / TEST / HIREZ
DAC - USB also I2S but I2S is connected to cd player and prefer USB
Rune player - Now beta version / stable version did not find all my 3 folders with music ( he find only one !!! ) ... now beta find all 3 subfolders
Connection to Pi - ethernet - hi speed connection

I have some issues to connect my NAS to player via Pc browser interface ...now is connected SMB/CFS ... I don't know if NFS will be better
Now I have folder NAS with all 3 subfolders active but only 2 of them are complete ... from A to W folders. The biggest one with 50.000 files and over 5000 folders was loaded in library 85% after I hit the upgrade button 100 times he starting to upload from 50% to 60% and so on ... and I stop at letter "S" ... almost Done to be precise.

All 3 subfolders have different type of music ( mp3 / flac/ wav / ape / DSD / cue also jpeg / pdf / png etc ) and different sizes and a lot of subfolders with info about artist / cover and so on .... On Pc all music is available instant via PC network but Rune load partial all my library. I try also with volumio who was struggle also with library but he load everything and also Moode ... who load very fast all my library but Moode convert DSD files to PCM and I don't want that ( maybe I have some settings uncover ). Rune play DSD native and also I like "the sound" and GUI ... Is more friendly for me ....

The big question is ... How I need to load all my library who is located in same place ? Could be SETTINGS to do on NAS ? or on Rune ... some magical code line to be written somewhere , somehow ? If some code line should be written, I need newbie assistance because I'm not very well prepared but I'm fast learner.

If other information need to be shared with you smart guys , let me know and I will provide instant.
I will looking forward on this topic, after I try to read and understand others issues, but maybe I do not have same instances and settings like others ...

Best to all.
Nice day, today
Cristache
Last edited by cristache on 09 Sep 2021, 13:17, edited 2 times in total.
cristache

Re: Incomplete library loading

Postby Ears of Tin » 26 Aug 2021, 15:20

It's not clear to me which version of the software you are using. If you aren't using the latest and greatest version you are missing several years of updates and added features. Find it here - https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1

Some problems with building a library stem from ineligible files. Try adding your music in smaller batches and find which directory causes the build to suspend. Also the initial build takes very long, in my case 3 hours for 20,000 tracks. Same with Volumio and Moode.
Ears of Tin

Postby cristache » 26 Aug 2021, 16:28

Hello

Thank you for reply.
I'm using version RuneAudio_rpi2_rp3_0.4-beta_2016032 because stable version did not find to me all3 folders ... only one.
I have biggest library more then 50.000 files, and yes take more hours to index ....

Could be some weird files .... I have also ISO images of my audio hi rez discs ...could be some here.
Interesting thing is, if I search on DB some artist who is not vizibile in the list, the search find me and also played !!! but visual I did not see the folder to select files and to see more ... only if I know the artist to search after him I can play .

MAYBE is something with how many folders can load ( GUI interface ) may are some limitations ( no more then 1000 folders ) and yes I have more then 5000 folders ... and should be a problem.

Where I have 1000 folders, no ploblem, I can see all folders...maybe more but the whole directory NO.
Opposite, Moode index all folders and files, but I wrote , I can not manage to play DSD files without conversion to PCM, here dac SHOW me the file who is selected is DSD 64 / 128 / 256 ... and I'm sure is "pure " file .

I'll wait some other solutions / advices.
Is some difference between indexing in Moode vs Rune ?

THANK you again
Best
Cristache
cristache

Postby cmh714 » 26 Aug 2021, 18:24

hmm, I have 106k songs all FLAC, nearly 6TB on 2 NAS and have no issues. but I dont have that many folders.....

Did you disable ffmpeg? that often causes index issues when it is enabled....GL!
cmh714

Postby cristache » 26 Aug 2021, 20:17

Hello !

I have almost the same amount of music like you, on my NAS, but I have different structure and more folders because I have into the folder with music a subfolder with artwork. Now with all that new stuff , the player found the artwork and assign to album, 20 years ago this was not possible and I do it myself... so I don't want to delete those folders.

I have already ffmeg disabled.. I do not use for video, only pure audio with dedicated power supply, no wifi active , only ethernet, minimal settings for a "pure"sound, no oversampling, all clear... and works very well until I found I have some "missing"music from S .... W... invisible in GUI but active on search ...Maybe could be some hidden settings to extend folder accepted in DB ... more then 5000/10.000 folders , not files.

I already wrote here... Moode scan with no problem all folders and all are visible and active, but had another issues with I'm not very happy.
I will try to install on other minisd the latest stable version and to try to rebuild all my music from NAS ... maybe fresh install, new fast sd ...

Meanwhile I will be here to try another suggestions and advices.

Cheers
Cristache
cristache

Postby cmh714 » 26 Aug 2021, 20:32

Also, I believe that NFS has less overhead than cifs/smb but can be a bit more difficult to get setup....

Not sure this helps you but here are my nas settings:
192.168.2.144:/nfs/Public/Shared\040Music /mnt/MPD/NAS/WD nfs defaults,auto,bg,soft,timeo=5,ro 0 0
192.168.2.131:/nfs/Public/Shared\040Music/Live /mnt/MPD/NAS/GD\040and\040Jerry nfs defaults,auto,bg,soft,timeo=5,ro 0 0

yeah the ffmpeg kills indexing as it tries to read into the file looking for audio tracks, hence why I said make sure its disabled...

GL!!!
cmh714

Postby cristache » 26 Aug 2021, 20:48

Hey

I have similar idea ... maybe NFS could be a solution but I try to do something when I install for the first time and I didn't make it on the spot and I leave NFS when SMB options create active NAS connection for me... I will dig more in this direction ....

Meanwhile I download latest Raspberry Pi for 3 version but I wonder if I try 64 bit ???? Someone try this new 64bit version on Raspberry Pi 3 or 4 ?

Cheers
Cristache
cristache

Postby cmh714 » 26 Aug 2021, 20:48

Again, not sure this is super helpful.....

So according to some googling, there is no limit on subdirectories unless you specify one in mpd.conf

# Limit the depth of the directories being watched, 0 means only watch
# the music directory itself. There is no limit by default.
#
#auto_update_depth "3"
#
cmh714

Postby cmh714 » 26 Aug 2021, 20:50

I updated to the 64bit a month or so ago and have no issues. Also on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
cmh714

Postby Ears of Tin » 26 Aug 2021, 22:11

64bit for me too.

rAudio 1 • 20210820
5.10.27-3-ARCH aarch64
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3
BCM2837B0 • 953MiB
4 x Cortex-A53 @ 1.4GHz
Ears of Tin

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Next