hifiberry DAC+DSP

Raspberry Pi related support

hifiberry DAC+DSP

Postby giovilux » 15 Aug 2020, 16:57

Hallo,
is hifiberry DAC+DSP supported by runeaudio?
thanks
Giovanni
giovilux

Re: hifiberry DAC+DSP

Postby Bert » 27 Aug 2020, 21:05

I run Runeaudio with a https://shop.justboom.co/collections/raspberry-pi-audio-boards/products/justboom-digi-hat Justboom DAC, which sounds great, and better then any Hifiberry product :-) This board only features 2 digital outputs. I see no reason to have both digital and analogue output. The digital signal goes into an amplifier than can handle it, and in my situation it goes to the https://www.schiit.com/products/modi-1 Shiit Modi first. You can't get better sound for these prices.
Bert

Postby amonduulii » 11 Sep 2020, 01:33

Got Hifiberry DAC+ Pro working nicely with runeaudio+r e4 20200806.. haven't bothered updating to e5 yet. I get occasional mp3 playback audio glitches but i had that with my prior set up too so has nothing to do with DAC+ pro. overall i am very much enjoying the sound connected to my Rega amplifier.
amonduulii

Postby giovilux » 01 Oct 2020, 10:04

hi,
Hifiberry DAC+DSP has a very nice DSP feature. I'm now using it with hifiberry OS but I don't like it, so I would like to use RuneAudio instead controlling the DSP.

btw I also use hifiberry DAC+ with RuneAudio 0.5-beta (actually I have two of them in different rooms).

Giovanni
giovilux

Postby Jaymass » 03 Mar 2021, 23:22

Did you ever get this working? I’m in the same boat,would love to use rune as it’s way better but need the DSP toolkit and can’t find any info on it??
Jaymass

Postby giovilux » 27 Mar 2021, 14:14

Unfortunately not.
In theory it should be possible to merge in rune audio the dsp part of hifyberry os. If I'm not mistaken they are both open source and hifyberry os seems well documented, but I don't have enough programming skills :(

btw: in the meantime I've switched both installations I have on R6. rern made a lot lf improovements and now it is very stable. Great work!
giovilux

Postby Rene » 27 Mar 2021, 18:09

my hifi berry is working perfect on local and nas fioles, but after the last updates my blue tooth (phone/tablets) connection seems to corect connect an play but PI+berry won't produce any digital output (seen on DAC) , so no sound at all. anybody???

Rene
Rene

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi