Here to help with development and idea's

Help wanted! How to contribute to RuneAudio project

Here to help with development and idea's

Postby gameslayer » 15 Feb 2015, 07:02

Hi my name is Corey I am a experienced user of Linux and love Rune Music OS on my Raspberry PI and want to help with idea's, support and feedback or bug reports. So far everything has gone great the only things I have to say need fixing and needing to be added are:

Ability to add username and password or just password protection so no one can access it and muck around with it while your using on the network

fix runeaudio.local to work on Android phones while its plugged in via LAN as it does not detect or able to connect to in via Android device only on laptops it can use Android.local at this state. I am also making a Android app so you can use and control it via Android but I need runeaudio.local to work before it can properly work, I have a test app I have been using only connecting to a certain ip address and it works perfectly so if that can be addressed than I can finish the app.

And finally fix the bug that screws the connection forcing you to re install Rune Audio when trying to set it to a static address doesn't correctly work and I have tried multiple times and when reconnecting to it via the new static address with everything correctly written in I can no longer connect nor does it appear in my network at all even looking on connected devices on my modem.

Anyway's everything working pretty great right now and I hope to see thing progress real fast and do a lot of wonders for everyone needing a cheap audio station.

Here are images of the app I made working on Android.

gameslayer

Re: Here to help with development and idea's

Postby ACX » 15 Feb 2015, 16:11

Hi Corey ,
welcome to this community :)

gameslayer wrote:Ability to add username and password or just password protection so no one can access it and muck around with it while your using on the network

This feature is already on our roadmap and will be implemented soon.

gameslayer wrote:fix runeaudio.local to work on Android phones while its plugged in via LAN

We can't do much on our side, as runeaudio.local is been resolved only if you have a Avahi/Bonjour browser installed on your device.

gameslayer wrote:And finally fix the bug that screws the connection forcing you to re install Rune Audio when trying to set it to a static address

This is already fixed on the dev branch and will be included in the next 0.4.

gameslayer wrote:Here are images of the app I made working on Android.

What does your app exactly do?
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby gameslayer » 16 Feb 2015, 03:29

Thank you very much! :D

Oh really that's great to hear that its being added and will be handy.

Really well that's no good installing bonjour or Avahir didn't do anything but show details of what's on the network and doesn't resolve the issue this is something that is important to fix to get more users to use it and make it easier to use and set up.

My simple and useful app simply will once its ready and the problems resolved of course will open run the web GUI control which is run media.local to control and access your music on your network instead of needing to open the browser each time and writing it in to help with the ease of use and make it even easier to set up and use for Rune Audio and works really well to help grow the community faster. :)
gameslayer

Postby ACX » 16 Feb 2015, 04:25

gameslayer wrote:My simple and useful app simply will once its ready and the problems resolved of course will open run the web GUI control which is run media.local to control and access your music on your network instead of needing to open the browser each time and writing it in to help with the ease of use and make it even easier to set up and use for Rune Audio and works really well to help grow the community faster. :)

Ok... have you already read this thread? :)
volumio-android-app-t889.html
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby gameslayer » 16 Feb 2015, 13:30

ahh ok well I don't exactly need to make a app all tho mine would be a lot easier for the user once stuff gets resolved I just use chrome short cut on my Android phone and Laptop for now, anyway's I will keep helping out and reporting any issues. :D
gameslayer

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Help the project