Help with setup on Pi Zero W

Raspberry Pi related support

Help with setup on Pi Zero W

Postby OuttaHand » 13 Nov 2020, 23:01

I've downloaded RuneAudio+R e6 and used Raspberry Pi Imager to install it in a 32 GB SD card.
I have the Pi Zero W unit up and running. I have gotten it set up to connect to my wireless network.
I CAN log into the device using the Web UI and also through SSH using PuTTY so I know it's connected to my network.

But I cannot get it to connect to either my NAS music repository, or to a USB thumb drive.

My music is on one drive in a D-Link DNS321 NAS device at 192.168.0.220
The hard drive in that unit is named Volume_1
And in there it is in a folder called Music
Inside of the Music folder there are dozens of other folders, one for each artist.
Inside of each artist's folder there are sub-folders for each album.
And in of those are the mp3 music files.

In the NAS UI I have set up a user and password with full R/W access to the drive that the music is on.

I CAN navigate to this drive and music from other Raspberry Pi and Windows units on my netetwork just fine.

In the RuneAudio settings I've gone into Sources, clicked to add a device and filled in the info:
Name: Music on Volume 1
IP: 192.168.0.220
Share Name: /Volume_1/Music
User: pi (this is the user name I gave it in the NAS settings)
Password: ******** (the password I assigned in the NAS settings)
Other: [blank]

I click 'OK' on this and go back to the Sources page. An icon blinks on the "Devices" line for a bit, then stops. But it does not add my music.

When I have the USB thumb drive plugged in, it shows up in the Devices list as "/mnt/MPD/USB/UDISK_2TB" (the "UDISK_2TB" is the name I gave the thumb drive when I formatted it.
But there is a red dot between that name and "/dev/sda1" I guess that indicates it isn't mounted (?)

When I go back to the main screen I hit the + sign at the top. I click on the USB icon and it just goes back to the Sources page.

So I need help figuring out why my RuneAudio setup cannot get to my music! I hope someone can point me in the right direction.
Thank you in advance!
Kevon
OuttaHand

Re: Help with setup on Pi Zero W

Postby ceejayemm » 13 Nov 2020, 23:39

Kevon

I suspect you need to remove the spaces from the Name of your shared NAS drive so 'Music on Volume 1' might become 'Music_on_Volume_1' for example.

How did did you format your USB Drive and what file system did you give it ? Try again with FAT-16 or Ext4 if you can.

Chris
ceejayemm

Postby OuttaHand » 14 Nov 2020, 00:49

Chris -- thannk you!
I just went in and changed the name to eliminate the spaces. I put in underscores where spaces had been.
Didn't help

The USB thumb drive is formatted in exFAT format. I'll try formatting it differently and see if that helps.
OuttaHand

Postby OuttaHand » 14 Nov 2020, 15:19

UPDATE:

I've done 2 things:

1) I put the USB thumb drive into a Raspberry Pi 3B+ and formatted it there using fdisk. It created the standard three Linux partitions.
I then used Linux command rsync and copied an entire folder of music onto the drive
I then put that stick into my Pi Zero W and booted into Rune Audio
In the Sources page it now lists 4 things:
/dev/mmcblk0p2 (this one shows the size and has a green dot. I'm sure this is the SD card the OS is on)
/mnt/MPD/USB /dev/sda1 (shows a red dot)
/mnt/MPD/USB /dev/sda2 (shows a red dot)
/mnt/MPD/USB /dev/sda3 (shows a red dot)

2) In my NAS I set up an NFS share for the music on my NAS. The NAS states that the path is "/mnt/HD_a2/Music " so in RuneAudio settings I put in:
Name: music
IP: 192.168.0.220
Share path: /mnt/HD_a2/Music
Options: [left this blank]

When I clicked "OK" on the Sourceis page, there was a blinking icon near the top of the Devices page in the Web UI. But that's all.

If I click on "Mounts" on the Sources page, it only shows the SD card that the OS is on.

I know I'm a newbie to Rune Audio, and something of a newbie to Linux, but I'm not a newbie to computers.
It seems like I'm doing everything right here, but nothing is working.

What am I doing wrong???
OuttaHand

Postby OuttaHand » 20 Nov 2020, 15:28

By the way -- if anyone is actually looking at this -- I still have NOT gotten this program to work.
I'm not real impressed by the program or the "support" at this point.

Is there any way to get my money back?

I have installed OSMC. It found the music on my NAS and plays it all.
OuttaHand

Postby rastus » 20 Nov 2020, 22:57

OuttaHand wrote:Is there any way to get my money back?

No.
rastus

Postby hondagx35 » 20 Nov 2020, 23:37

Hi OuttaHand,

which money?
Did you donate to the project?
If so, please get in contact with ACX.

Frank
hondagx35

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi