FFMPEG Enabled, now no Rune UI

Beaglebone Black related support

FFMPEG Enabled, now no Rune UI

Postby mp29k » 06 Jan 2015, 07:20

Hi,
I was able to putty into the BBB server, and I edited the MPD Config file using nano, and now when I try to refresh the database, it tells me that the MPD file has been updated manually (which is what I want). There doesn't seem to be any way at all to refresh the database from the UI with the ffmpeg option turned on. What am I missing?

Thanks for any help, MP3s sound great, but 95%+ of my library is ALAC.
mp29k

Re: FFMPEG Enabled, now no Rune UI

Postby mp29k » 06 Jan 2015, 07:55

I worked this out, silly question. The database update takes a long time (still running), but I am seeing the database gradually grow.

In beta 0.3 for the BBB, will the issue of the long DB update be resolved? I had manually configured an MPD server on this board before, and there was no issue with the database load (but I had other issues), so I am not sure the issue with Rune in taking long to load ALAC databases.

Second question:
I am having an issue when I am playing a song, and I select another and pick "Add and Play" it crashes the server.

Symptom: Select new album or song, and either Add and play, or clear add and play, the existing song stops, and the new one shows as "added" through the popup, but it doesn't appear on the playlist, and I cannot start the existing songs in the playlist either, only solution is to reboot the BBB and start over. Any thoughts?
mp29k

Re: FFMPEG Enabled, now no Rune UI

Postby mp29k » 06 Jan 2015, 18:23

Previous issue doesn't seem to be a problem this morning, looks like I just had to let the database finish running once, and now no issues.

New question, and this is really minor at this point:
- a lot of my high definition content (everything I have seen so far) that is 24 bit is all showing under Rune as 32 bit. I checked the file properties, and it is indeed 24 bit, any idea what could cause this? Is it potentially the way MPG4 audio files (ALAC) are coded with their info?

Thanks,
Kevin
mp29k

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Beaglebone Black