External DAC can't be detected suddenly

General discussion about RuneAudio. Do not post any support or feature requests here.

External DAC can't be detected suddenly

Postby brucehuang55 » 27 Feb 2017, 07:43

I run RPI 3B, digi+ and external DAC. The external DAC has optical, coaxial and USB port. Originally, the external DAC can be detected automatically and the music can be output from USB port to the DAC. Suddenly, it did not work any more with no reason. I re-install Runeaudio and no problem with the sound output from Digi+ optical port to DAC. However, RPi can't detect the DAC aymore in audio output interface. I also check by "aplay -l" and it's true the DAC is not in the list. Can someone help me to let Rpi dectect the DAC? I'd like to output the music from USB port to DAC and listen to DSD as before. Appreciate.
brucehuang55

Re: External DAC can't be detected suddenly

Postby hondagx35 » 27 Feb 2017, 11:50

Hi brucehuang55,

please check / post your debug information (MENU->Debug).

Frank
hondagx35

Postby brucehuang55 » 27 Feb 2017, 14:23

Hi Frank,

1. When I preview my post, it shows my message contains too many characters because I just paste it from clipboard. How can I send the debug information?

2. I'm not quite sure if the XMOS USB module is hardware issue. Because I followed the instruction from seller to install the driver of DAC onto Windows 7, it always shows the connection issue after I tried to disconnect and connect the USB cable many times. If you can check the debug information and capture anything wrong, it'll be appreciated.

PS: it worked very well for output from Pi's USB port to my DAC before, but just suddenly broken and not be detected.
brucehuang55

Postby hondagx35 » 27 Feb 2017, 14:33

Hi,

please read this

Some DACs offer the possibility to switch USB modes, maybe a wrong setting is the issue.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby brucehuang55 » 06 Mar 2017, 14:06

Hi Frank,
Sorry, I did not reply to you until I got the new XMOS USB PCA today. It works and turns out just to be a hardware issue after I replaced a new one.
Best regards
Bruce
brucehuang55

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to General discussion