'Etymotic Research ER4 MicroPro' Okay or Not?

Everything about Hi-Fi equipment

'Etymotic Research ER4 MicroPro' Okay or Not?

Postby rikmu » 24 Feb 2017, 17:57

What do you guys think i should check for in a headphone before buying it? It is always a struggle to find a decent one with low budget but sometimes we have to settle for low price as well. I am looking to get a decent headphone and before i do that, i want the opinions from anyone who has expertise in the matter.

I am thinking of buying Etymotic Research ER4 MicroPro as it is also mentioned in an article i found here. What do you guys think? Let me know.
rikmu

Re: 'Etymotic Research ER4 MicroPro' Okay or Not?

Postby Discovery » 27 Feb 2017, 22:03

Hi rikmu,

I've had some Etymotic ER4s for many years.

They are the most accurate headphones I've heard. I used to use them when travelling frequently because the in-ear fit is tight and helps suppress airplane noise, etc. However, I found that the in-ear fit is not comfortable for many hours and can make your inner ears tender.

I now frequently use a pair of Sennheiser HD650's if I'm listening at my PC. It's a very natural sound and can be worn for long periods. Not the same style as ER4's but this is what works for me.

I hope this helps.

Trevor
Discovery

Re: 'Etymotic Research ER4 MicroPro' Okay or Not?

Postby JohnG » 03 Jun 2019, 08:52

try the Comply TX-100 ear-buds (amazon & elsewhere) with the Etymotics

I agree about the comfort - Comply supply multiple sizes and are foam - I find them much more comfortable, especially for travel and the sound isolation excellent.

I also have to plug Etymotic's customer service. A part broke after about 7 years, they not only fixed it for free, but I didn't even have to pay the postage back from the US to the UK. They're about 15 years old now and still great. Not cheap - but excellent value.
JohnG

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Hi-Fi systems