Driver for Audiophonics ESS9038Q2M

General discussion about RuneAudio. Do not post any support or feature requests here.

Driver for Audiophonics ESS9038Q2M

Postby dangquan09 » 30 Jul 2019, 11:09

Hello. I am new to this forum and I use Runeaudio for several months now. I tasted it and I can not live without it! I have a first Raspberry pi 3B+ with Hifiberry-dac+, but I recently discovered audiophonics products that provide superior audio quality. I just bought a small system (Raspdac Mini) sold by audiophonics based on an audio card with ESS-9038Q2M component. This system is sold with Volumio or Moode, which did not suit me. So I installed Runeaudio on this product (version 0.5 beta) and I developed a Python software to manage the OLED screen that came with this product. Everything works fine but I have a question: the driver proposed by Runeaudio for the ESS-9038Q2M is actually the "rpi-dac" driver which does not offer (among others) the ability to control the volume by hardware. However, a driver for the 9038Q2M-based audiophonics card has recently been integrated into the Raspberry Linux kernel (V 4.19.34). I was wondering if it was possible to substitute this driver for the rpi-dac. And if it is possible, how should it proceed?
Thanks again to the team that continues to develop Runeaudio for our pleasure. Bravo!
dangquan09

Re: Driver for Audiophonics ESS9038Q2M

Postby janui » 31 Jul 2019, 16:07

Hi dangquan09,
dangquan09 wrote:And if it is possible, how should it proceed?
It is not easy to install it on RuneAudio 0.5b, but it has been done, see this thread: driver-for-audiophonics-ess9038q2m-t6809.html
You could contact Nocolo for some help.
janui
janui

Re: Driver for Audiophonics ESS9038Q2M

Postby peremodaw » 04 Nov 2019, 12:35

Is there any limit we must consider while performing?

Regards,
P.Smith
peremodaw

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to General discussion