Dragonfly Black (1.5)

Working DACs, USB dongles, ...

Dragonfly Black (1.5)

Postby GAP » 21 Jul 2016, 14:03

Should be the same as the Dragonfly Red, but I can report that it works well with my RPi3.
Does anyone know what value the digital hardware volume (0-64) is set to when it volume control setting is set to 'disabled'? Maximum or something arbitrary?
Runeaudio on Raspberry Pi 3 -- Henry Audio DAC -- Primare i21 -- Bowers and Wilkins 685
GAP

Re: Dragonfly Black (1.5)

Postby silvrr » 25 Jul 2016, 12:46

Are you running the dragonfly straight off the pi sub port? I'm surprised the pi will power the DAC and amp of the dragonfly. I have heard they made the new dragonflies rather efficient though.
silvrr

Postby GAP » 26 Jul 2016, 10:55

I'm running it straight of the board. The new Dragonflys works well with smartphones and tablets. I bought mine to use it with my andriod, but have been testing it as a component in other systems as well.
Runeaudio on Raspberry Pi 3 -- Henry Audio DAC -- Primare i21 -- Bowers and Wilkins 685
GAP

Postby Screwdriver » 15 Oct 2016, 16:57

I am running my Dragonfly Black off the USB and it works flawlessly. The new Blacks require very little power.
Screwdriver

Postby Techbug » 23 Dec 2016, 12:25

Pros: Compactness, sound quality, no need to charge
Cons: Could not found any
This is really a must buy for an iPhone owner who likes to listen high quality music on iPhone. I am using it with my iPhone 7 Plus and the sound quality it improves will surely blow your mind. I know it is not that good like Chord Mojo and I am also owner of Mojo too but on the go it is very hard to manage it when DF Black will give you full flexibility because of it's compactness and it is really very pocket friendly in terms of pricing. Go for it.

I also uploaded a small unboxing video on youtube. You can watch it here:

https://youtu.be/jLGpTH6vkdM

Thanks...
Techbug

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Compatibility list