disable timeknob and coverart if webradio

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

Re: disable timeknob and coverart if webradio

Postby waves » 20 Jan 2015, 10:18

robertinjo: I don't think the CPU issue you are seeing could be related to the timeknob and coverart. Anyway I've made other changes to my runeui.js file that in turn go together with other file changes so it would not work for you to simply plug that file in as is. That said I did describe all (timeknob and coverart related) changes I made to the file in my posts above.
waves

Postby waves » 30 Jan 2015, 00:04

Here comes another question on hide/tweak of UI elements. I place it here instead of in new thread since not far off from the above discussion.

How do I change the click action for the volume wheel?

The background is that I want to hide all three buttons below the wheel. Vol up/down buttons are hidden with this add to the refreshstate() function in runeui.js (then saved, minified)
Code: Select all
$('#volumedn, #volumeup').addClass('hide');

I can hide the mute button the same. But that would leave me without mute so I want to tweak the volume wheel to toggle mute instead.

I've browsed the code in playback.php ( near <input id="volume" ) and parts of runeui.js concerning volume but haven't figured out what controls the text input (in contrast to clicks/drags on the circle).
waves

Postby jpfelgueiras » 31 Jan 2015, 03:34

Can't this be commited to Git?
I think that is an improvment that evry one will like.
jpfelgueiras

Postby waves » 31 Jan 2015, 11:22

jpfelgueiras wrote:Can't this be commited to Git?

This is only a tweak I did for own use. I haven't test driven it on a proper set of different systems/browser, etc. I can also imagine that some do not want my disable-timeknob-coverart-if-webradio tweak when viewing in landscape mode since it (temporarily) removes the nice symmetric look of the two left/right side circles. (It would look nicer to add a landscape/portraid mode check and in landscape mode show the progress circle without movement and only the eternal icon in the middle.) I'm also pretty new to RuneAudio and will for now simply tweak stuff on my local install while I learn more. Though I will forum post small tweaks I think others may like. Later on they could perhaps be put into a "minimal mode" if the RA developers come around to that idea.
waves

Postby waves » 31 Jan 2015, 12:59

I now figured out how to do volume knob click actions.

how to: disable buttons under volume wheel and make click on digits in volume wheel toggle mute on/off
In runeui.js find these lines
// update info and status on Playback tab
function refreshState() {

and add this new code bit above those lines
$('#volumedn, #volumeup, #volumemute').addClass('hide'); 
$("#volume").bind("click", function () {
$(':focus').blur();
$("#volumemute").click();
 });

minify runeui.js into runeui.min.js ( select all text in runeui.js and copy , go http://gpbmike.github.io/refresh-sf/ and paste in box, click javascript , copy result, open runeui.min.js and select all and paste in the new minified text from the clipboard, save) and reload runeaudio in the browser.
waves

Postby ACX » 01 Feb 2015, 02:21

jpfelgueiras wrote:Can't this be commited to Git?

This is a hack, not a feature that can be released, so use it if you need it.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby LC1 » 02 Mar 2015, 20:25

Could the left knob become a tuner, like on a "proper" old radio, to flick through all stations? I would like that.
LC1

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Previous

Return to Feature request