Disable database creation ?

General discussion about RuneAudio. Do not post any support or feature requests here.

Disable database creation ?

Postby GlennS » 02 May 2020, 18:53

Hi,
I'm very pleased with my "0.5+Rern3" setup on a RPi 3B+, but I have one problem that's rather infuriating...
My Rune is accessing a large network store of nearly 20,000 titles - a very great number of which have no music tags. The standard Album/Artist/title way of accessing this library doesn't work - I can't access many of the files I regularly use.
Many of the titles are special audio files for audio equipment setup or testing - they are, however, organized in a fairly complex directory tree structure that I've navigated around for nearly 20years - so I know where to find what.
Is there a way in rune to provide just a 'file manager' type way of accessing a NAS source instead of the "Album" or "Artist" type searches ?
Or some 'tweaks' ?
Thanks, in advance.
GlennS
GlennS

Re: Disable database creation ?

Postby rern » 05 May 2020, 14:54

Hi GlennS,

There's no such thing as "0.5+Rern3".
Basically you need to update MPD/Library database even for file browsing only.
Next time ask in the right thread when you figure it out which one is your setup

rern.
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby GlennS » 06 May 2020, 18:45

rern wrote:Hi GlennS,

There's no such thing as "0.5+Rern3".
Next time ask in the right thread when you figure it out which one is your setup

rern.

Hey ! That's rather an unfair reply. The question I asked is not specific to the RPi platform, as far as I know.
Besides, the point I'm trying to make is that updating the base doesn't give me file browsing options that I'm looking for.

But as you so kindly asked, I'll resubmit my question in the RPi support forum.
GlennS
GlennS

Postby rahulsaha » 05 Jul 2020, 07:19

Hi,
I looked and I don't see any sub forums for UI or suggestions, I'm a graphic artist and was wondering how I could maybe contribute.

thanks,
rahulsaha.
rahulsaha

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to General discussion