Dirble Feedback

General discussion about RuneAudio. Do not post any support or feature requests here.

Dirble Feedback

Postby confact » 15 May 2015, 12:04

Hi!

My name is Håkan Nylén, and go under nickname confact around the net. I am the owner of Dirble, which RuneAudio use for radio stations.

RuneAudio is one of the ones that use Dirble the most and I want to know what you guys want Dirble to get better at, now when we have released a new api and such, I can maybe add some of the stuff you want on Dirble.

Some stuff can maybe already exist, but runeaudio haven't added it yet. I will tell you that if that's the case.

So say what you wish could be better or what you miss. Even just thank yous is nice to hear too.
confact

Re: Dirble Feedback

Postby mika-nl » 15 May 2015, 21:12

Thx for it :)

Not sure what i miss .. i have a few stations that i like.

maybe someone else can tell what is missing.

thx anyway for the nice service !!
mika-nl

Postby ACX » 18 May 2015, 00:01

Hi Håkan, welcome to this forum! It's a honor to have you posting here.
First of all, thank you again for Dirble: it's a wonderful service, it adds value to our system and users are happy to use it.

We only had time for a quick look to the new API and we started to think how to quickly workaround the 30 entries per page limitation of the newly introduced pagination. (btw let my ask you a question, why this choice to force that mode?)

In the future we want to take advantage of the full features available and integrate them properly in the UI, but that's going to happen only after the upcoming 0.4 release.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby confact » 20 May 2015, 14:42

Hi!

First of all, thanks for welcoming me and the kind words. I am happy it make RuneAudio to be that extra on top of the already amazing system.

Second, We added it mostly for optimisation purposes because who wants to send 3000 stations to a mobile over edge or 3G, in future it won't be 3000, but 30000. and that will be a lot of bandwidth that goes poff. But of course, some systems don't need to have a api that optimised, because those systems are computers at homes, using wifi or cable. So we have a secret way to shut off the pagination for every requests. you can mail me asking for it when you start to code for the new api. But generally we wan't to use the pagination for optimisation for both the user and us.

When is 0.4 gonna be released? The old Dirble API will be closed down in the end of July (27th). So you better hurry.
Last edited by confact on 21 May 2015, 07:01, edited 1 time in total.
confact

Postby ACX » 21 May 2015, 01:24

confact wrote:When is 0.4 gonna be released? The old Dirble API will be closed down in the end of July (27th). So you better hurry.

It had to be released in May but we found ourselves overwhelmed by work, so it has to be delayed. But in any case it will come before the API shutdown. I'll mail you soon to know the secret trick :)
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby FF-Jan » 22 May 2015, 06:37

Hello,

i have create a Station by Dirble, on the website i can hear the station. My Raspberry dont have the station. Is it the old API? or there a command to manually update the library Dirble?

Greats

Jan
FF-Jan

Postby confact » 22 May 2015, 07:06

FF-Jan, the api RuneAudio use is the old api and it will not be updated with new stations. When RuneAudio move to apiv2 it will have all the new stations.
confact

Postby FF-Jan » 22 May 2015, 07:24

Ah ok, Thank You.

I think this is a feature for version 0.4?

Greats

Jan
FF-Jan

Postby ACX » 23 May 2015, 02:22

FF-Jan wrote:I think this is a feature for version 0.4?

Yes, 0.4 will use APIv2, so your station will be visible.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby surfninja » 27 May 2015, 19:29

confact wrote:Even just thank yous is nice to hear too.

I want to say Thanks for Dirble and integrating it into Rune Audio. I have a few favorite stations on my Rune Pi but sometimes it is fun to listen to other stations.

I really like being able to listen to different stations. Dirble makes this easy.

Thanks again.
rAudio 1, Raspberry Pi 2B
rAudio 1, Raspberry Pi 4B
rAudio 1, Raspberry Pi Zero W
surfninja

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Next

Return to General discussion