Customizing music library views?

General discussion about RuneAudio. Do not post any support or feature requests here.

Customizing music library views?

Postby pastic » 23 Mar 2018, 00:34

Hello,

I would have liked to install RuneAudio in a VM to test it and thus answer my questions, but since it appears to only support Raspberries etc I am unable to do so (I have no Raspberry), so I have to ask instead.

If I understand correctly, I can tweak MPD's config file so that the ID3-tags I specify are used as a basis for organizing the music library - I am thinking primarily about adding support for the 'composer' tag and maybe also 'boxset'.

But can I also tweak/customize multiple views in the UI?

E.g., one view called Composers, that only includes 'composer' tag from 'classical' genre, and with sublevel listing 'album'. And then a second view called Classical artists that only includes 'artist' tag from 'classical' genre, with the same sublevel view. Giving me two entry points to the classical segment, as it were.

Will RuneAudio allow me to tweak the views in the UI so that I could have this setup, or will I be locked into the music presentation logic decided by the devs like in Plex and Emby?
pastic

Re: Customizing music library views?

Postby pastic » 26 Mar 2018, 15:20

Really...no-one?

I would happily have tried to answer this myself if I could, but since I don't have a Pi I can't really do it, and have to ask here instead, since this subject is nowhere near covered in the online documentation.
pastic

Postby janui » 26 Mar 2018, 16:10

Hi pastic,

You could look at this post: add-more-categories-to-music-library-t3020.html#p10618
and this one: using-album-artist-t3782.html#p16170e
This one as well: album-artist-implementation-t4012.html#p17424 I think this could be done, also see here: post24852.html?hilit=mpd%20tags#p24850

I think the answer is yes, it can be done.

janui
janui

Postby pastic » 27 Mar 2018, 16:21

Hello.
Since I can tel MPD what tags to index, I guess I should be able to tweak that javascript in the first link to create a "composers" button, and maybe from there I can create a even a compound "classical artists" - otherwise my best bet is maybe to move those artists to "performer" tag and create a button for that. Thanks!

I guess I'll be getting a Pi then...? Should I go for the latest Pi3B+ or can a version 2 do the job just as well? I'll be outputting signal via USB to DAC and then to HiFi.
pastic

Postby hondagx35 » 27 Mar 2018, 17:34

Hi,

Should I go for the latest Pi3B+ or can a version 2 do the job just as well?

The latest Pi is not supported yet, so use a Pi2 or 3.

My latest image has the composer view already implemented.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby hondagx35 » 27 Mar 2018, 17:34

Hi,

Should I go for the latest Pi3B+ or can a version 2 do the job just as well?

The latest Pi is not supported yet, so use a Pi2 or 3.
http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/runeaudio-0-4-beta-for-raspberry-pi2-3-t4434.html

Frank
hondagx35

Postby pastic » 27 Mar 2018, 20:55

hondagx35 wrote:Hi,

That's great news!
pastic

Postby pastic » 31 Mar 2018, 15:39

hondagx35 wrote:

Frank

Hi Frank,
I tried to tweak the official release myself to allow browsing by composer, but did not succeed, so now I have installed your latest build and it is busy indexing my NAS-library. One question though, when I click a composer I am presented with a tracks-list not a list of albums. For me this is somewhat awkward. Is it intentional?
pastic

Postby ianhaynes » 31 Mar 2018, 16:26

If you have compilation albums you may well want individual tracks displayed, as well as albums.

That said, when I look at Composers I see no entry for Vivaldi, yet I have the Fours Seasons in my collection. Same for other composers. I have the Liszt Hungarian Festival, yet no entry for Liszt in Composers. I have lots of Mozart albums, yet only one entry under Composers.

I suspect the tagging from my CD ripper is at fault.

Ian
Pi 2, Ver. 0.4b build 20170229, IQAudio DAC+
Pi 2, Ver. 0.5b, IQAudio DAC+
ianhaynes

Postby ianhaynes » 31 Mar 2018, 20:29

Looking at some of the Mozart albums they didn't seem to be correctly tagged, so I re-tagged them using MusicBrainz Picard https://picard.musicbrainz.org/ (an excellent tool) but they were still not listed under 'Composer'.

Correction: Having installed a Classical Extras Plug-In for MusicBrainz and re-tagged, the album tracks are now listed under composer.

On reflection it would be far preferable to have the albums listed, not the individual tracks.

Ian
Pi 2, Ver. 0.4b build 20170229, IQAudio DAC+
Pi 2, Ver. 0.5b, IQAudio DAC+
ianhaynes

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Next

Return to General discussion