Cubox-i support?

CuBox related support

Cubox-i support?

Postby vellist » 30 Jan 2014, 13:13

Hi there,

is there anything you could say about a timeline for cubox-i support? Even a rough one (days vs. months)?

Thanks!
vellist

Re: Cubox-i support?

Postby ACX » 30 Jan 2014, 17:33

I would say... weeks :) But I can't say it exactly because we still don't own anyone.
We are polishing the last details on Cubox and UDOO right now.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby vellist » 31 Jan 2014, 09:38

Thanks for the info!
vellist

Postby chromisdesigns » 06 Feb 2014, 21:41

My understanding is that the Cubox and Cubox-i, while similar, won't run each other's compiled code, so if you intend to support both, there would need to be separate releases for them.

I have the second-generation "original" Cubox, model 3b-300-p, which I hope you will be supporting, as well as the newer I-series.
chromisdesigns

Postby Orion » 06 Feb 2014, 22:45

chromisdesigns wrote:My understanding is that the Cubox and Cubox-i, while similar, won't run each other's compiled code, so if you intend to support both, there would need to be separate releases for them.

I have the second-generation "original" Cubox, model 3b-300-p, which I hope you will be supporting, as well as the newer I-series.

Hi, I'm building the distro on a CB-300-P CuBox, i think is quite similar to your model.

Simone
RuneAudio - Embedded Hi-Fi music player
SoloStereo - Alla riscoperta dell'alta fedeltà
Orion
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby chromisdesigns » 06 Feb 2014, 23:25

Orion wrote:
chromisdesigns wrote:My understanding is that the Cubox and Cubox-i, while similar, won't run each other's compiled code, so if you intend to support both, there would need to be separate releases for them.

Hi, I'm building the distro on a CB-300-P CuBox, i think is quite similar to your model.

Simone

Thanks, Simone. Mine is the same one, just had a typo in the original post! Looking forward to trying it.

While I have you on the line...I've had problems getting the Cubox to recognize an external usb disk formatted and populated from my Windows PC, both trying to install a Logitech Media Server distro, as well as with Volumio. I suspect it's a file permission issue, but don't know. Can you check this issue with your new distro for Cubox, before publishing it?

The symptoms are, the software on Cubox will play internet radio just fine, but either doesn't recognize the usb disk is there at all, or else can't read the files. Same thing happens with a usb stick when I copy files to it from the PC, then try to use it on the cubox. My music files are all FLAC, if it makes a difference, but I suspect it does not.
chromisdesigns

Postby slyveuth » 20 Feb 2014, 15:12

Hi

I'll own a cubox-i4 pro soon and I'm wondering if the future release of Rune Audio will be available for that model or only for the oldest cubox?
I've seen a message from you on the DIY audio forum from the 18th feb that it'll be available on cubox and UDOO (dual and quad) soon so i'm hoping you're talking of both cubox and UDOO for the quad version :-)
I've asked solid-run if they've sent you a cubox-i for the OS to be available on it as it looks like a pretty good audio solution for me

Anyway, good luck for the dev RuneAudio!!

Regards
slyveuth

Postby ACX » 21 Feb 2014, 00:13

slyveuth wrote:I've asked solid-run if they've sent you a cubox-i for the OS to be available on it as it looks like a pretty good audio solution for me

Hi slyveuth, I haven't contacted SolidRun asking for samples yet, because we wanted to show concrete results before. I was waiting the 0.3-beta release for that. We are currently working on a first generation CuBox we bought months ago. We will need CuBox-i samples anyway, so thanks for your intercession :)
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby cmiu007 » 09 Apr 2014, 14:15

Hi,
do you have any news regarding support for cubox, cubox-i?
KR
Catalin
cmiu007

Postby ACX » 09 Apr 2014, 16:36

Hi cmiu007, Cubox will be supported from the next 0.3-beta, coming soon. Cubox-i will probably come with 0.4.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Next

Return to CuBox