Connecting to device in LAN

Raspberry Pi related support

Connecting to device in LAN

Postby shadowue » 29 May 2020, 18:35

Hi all,
I have RaspberryPI with Rune audio successfully configured and connected to my router by Wifi. Also, I have a few computers in my LAN, but what's happening is that I can't access rune by wired devices, only by devices connected by Wifi to my router!
I use android app on my phone and it connects successfully but even from the phone browser I can access Rune device by IP, and the laptop is connecting with no problem ower the browser, but once I connect it by wire, it can't access Rune device anymore. My desktop computers also, cant access Rune because they are wired.
I tried to ping the Rune device IP which is bound in my router to the MAC address of the Raspberry PI and it is working fine from all the devices in the network. I just can't open the Rune control panel from the wired devices.

Any ideas?
shadowue

Re: Connecting to device in LAN

Postby Taff » 25 Jun 2020, 01:33

As long as the RPI has wifi and wired connected, both should work, not sure how you would bridge from only wifi on the Pi to a wired IP.
Taff

Re: Connecting to device in LAN

Postby eea123 » 30 Jun 2020, 11:21

My older Pi 2B w/ Rune is hardwired. Its IP is assigned by DCHP from the Xfinity router. I can access Rune from a wireless tablet, phone on WiFi and/or hardwired desktop. I have two "repeaters" in the house, a Zyxel access point which works flawlessly (hardwired) and a Linksys powerline extender which doesn't always work.
eea123

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi