Connecting to a USB disc drive attacned to a router

Raspberry Pi related support

Connecting to a USB disc drive attacned to a router

Postby Jbwcraft » 23 May 2021, 23:32

I have a Archer_VR2800 router with an ntsf formatted drive attached via USB. The disc name is G: The media server name is Archer_VR2800. First question should it be possible to connect to the media stored on the drive.I have the latest rAudo-1 which was updated today, The system runs perfectly with the drive attached directly to the pi running rAudio.
folder name volume(sda1) title sda1. IP address 192.168.1.1. user admin password as displayed on the Archer_VR2800 sharing details.

Any prompts at what should be entered via SSH would be well received
Jbwcraft

Re: Connecting to a USB disc drive attacned to a router

Postby dror » 25 May 2021, 08:08

You can add it through the web interface at "System">"Storage"
dror

Postby Jbwcraft » 26 May 2021, 23:14

I tried that before I tried vIa SSH. I got the message box saying the disc was mounting but it either timed out quickly or just sat with the message never closed.
I did get the messages recording my attempts but no successful mount hence trying SSH where i also failed to mount the disc. Based on the above system info I tried every combination of server name, disc name, volume and file name to no success hence requesting some suggestions as to SSH sequence.
Thanks
Jbwcraft

Postby dror » 27 May 2021, 07:08

Have you got success with any NAS mounting to rAudio? I mean not including your specific case with the usb storage attached to the router.
Can you access your usb drive from a PC ?
I would also check the Archer's settings of USB network drive to see if something over there sets an access limit, or requires an explicit declaration of allowed clients or similar.
dror

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi