Compact Library View

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

Compact Library View

Postby Maniak » 16 Jan 2015, 11:41

RuneAudio currently displays Albums/Artists/Files in a list. With a large collection, that becomes a very long list. On my screen, I see maybe 12 folders vertically. With over a thousand folders, you can guess it takes a long time to scroll from A to Z.

Could there be a compacted library view that uses a bit more of the horizontal space? Maybe like a grid or something?
Maniak

Re: Compact Library View

Postby waves » 16 Jan 2015, 13:19

I'm just a user but here are two ideas on how Rune Audio could be made to enhance browsing of large collections:

1 for touch devices (smartphones, tablets): the android stock contacts app has a thin column with the alphabet on the right side. Touching a letter jumps in the list to the first contact that starts with that letter. When starting to scroll (swipe up/down) by touching on the alphabet column then current letter is shown in big font on the middle of the screen which makes it easy to know when to stop scrolling. Something like that could perhaps be added to RA.

2 for keyboard computers: RA could detect key presses in the library view and jump the list to the first item that starts with that letter. A more fancy version would allow multiple keypresses ("ju" would jump over "Jack" and stop at "Judy").
waves

Postby ACX » 16 Jan 2015, 13:55

Hi Maniak,
We are testing an alphabetical indexing, like the ones you see on the contacts of the smartphones. Do you think that it would help?
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby tatoosh » 16 Jan 2015, 16:26

Can i try the Alphaindex via a git pull?

Tatoosh
tatoosh

Postby ACX » 16 Jan 2015, 19:50

tatoosh wrote:Can i try the Alphaindex via a git pull?

Tatoosh

Not yet, that's code is still not committed on the repository as it needs to be completed and reviewed.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby Maniak » 19 Jan 2015, 13:25

We are testing an alphabetical indexing, like the ones you see on the contacts of the smartphones. Do you think that it would help?

I think it would! That would definitely make it easier to jump to specific artists.

For the new album view, maybe display thumbnails of the albums?
Maniak

Postby ACX » 21 Jan 2015, 01:18

Maniak wrote:For the new album view, maybe display thumbnails of the albums?

Maybe, we have to test the impact on the performances first.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Feature request