Cannot mount NAS

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: Cannot mount NAS

Postby janui » 15 Jan 2019, 14:21

Hi Everyone,

Rune 0.5b, when upgraded to the latest patch level, supports all CIFS versions (1.0 to 3.1.1). This includes the standard version on Windows 10. The latest patch level is 7, you should see this in the RuneAudio Debug UI:
Build version: janui-20180903-7
Upgrade to the latest version if this is not the case, instructions are here: runeaudio-0-5-beta-for-all-raspberry-pi-models-t6532.html#p25819

The error message in the first post in this thread
...mount error(112): host is down. Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page...
Means that Rune cannot see a valid CIFS or SMB share at the specified IP address.

You should first try pinging the PC from via SSH from Rune, this will verify the network connection:
Code: Select all
ping <ip address>
Please post the results.

If that is OK then try this command from SSH to see if shares are being broadcast by Windows:
Code: Select all
avahi-browse -atrlkp | grep -Ei 'smb|cifs|nfs' | grep -w '='
You should be able to see the IP address in the response. Again post the results.

janui
janui

Postby foxint » 15 Jan 2019, 22:42

eea123

Thank you.

No still not working. It was a good shot, but I am still not not connecting with the network.

I also just tried the USB. I can see the music, but cannot hear it.

Looks like, as nice as the HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro XLR is....as one bloke on a forum said: "I just could not get it to work". So I am stuck between the hardware people saying it works and the software people saying it works.

Looks like my only option is to throw in the bin.

Then you can get rid of my annoying questions and say yippie....

Ha-ha....I still have the Pi2 Media 502 Dac that still is not configured property...perhaps this one will work???
foxint

Postby eea123 » 16 Jan 2019, 01:08

That's too bad. Honestly I fought with my setup for a couple of initial go arounds. First being a solder it in yourself DAC card and then getting a pinned connection unit. Still had to do some tweaks, but it is there now. Please also look at the writeup about version 0.5. I'm running version 0.4, but it sounds like it should also help with the PC based NAS issue you are having. I am not sure if a MIME server on the PC side might help?
eea123

Postby foxint » 16 Jan 2019, 01:16

Thanks mate

I have updated to 0.5....

Not sure what to do. I have tried Moode. Also not working. But the guys here are fair nicer. I have totally given up on Moode.

I will re-think, but probably throw the HiFiBerry Dac + XLR in the bin and go back to Pi2Media.

Thank you
foxint

Postby rastus » 16 Jan 2019, 02:22

foxint wrote:...probably throw the HiFiBerry Dac + XLR in the bin and go back to Pi2Media.

If your going to "throw the HiFiBerry Dac + XLR in the bin", I'll have it.... will even drive on up your way to get it. Let me know.....
rastus

Postby eea123 » 16 Jan 2019, 12:15

Bummer, I should have called dibs first :(.
eea123

Postby eea123 » 16 Jan 2019, 13:36

foxint wrote:eea123
I also just tried the USB. I can see the music, but cannot hear it.

With that being said about your USB, this sounds like it might be the Audio Output Interface under the MPD. I had to change mine since I'm using an eBAY sourced I^2S card. While I'm running v0.4 which says you can change on the fly, I had to coldboot (power cord pull) the PI after I changed it. Now that I think back to it, I actually had to edit the Rune config file remotely from my PC on the PI. That was a 1 year ago and once I got it changed, it took right off. Here's that help discussion: newbie-issue-w-i2s-card-s-t6335.html

It looks like I edited the config file to "HiFiBerry DAC", but the current Rune interface says "HiFiBerry DAC+" with no choice for the other when I checked it this morning. My generic I^2S DAC board has RCA line level outs, not XLR.
eea123

Postby foxint » 16 Jan 2019, 22:54

eea123

Appreciate your comments.

I have the latest software, and it says I do not need to do any tinkering (Fred).

I not sure what you are suggesting?

(If ti all remains bad, I think I will sell it on eBay - I want some money back for the pain).
foxint

Postby rastus » 17 Jan 2019, 06:52

foxint wrote: ...throw the HiFiBerry Dac + XLR in the bin...

(If ti all remains bad, I think I will sell it on eBay - I want some money back for the pain).

If you're throwing it "...in the bin...", I'll have it.

If you're going to "...sell it on eBay...", then how much do you want for it?

If you're going to continue to tinker with it, then do it, and stop teasing, some of us take you seriously.

Regards,

Rastus
rastus

Postby foxint » 17 Jan 2019, 08:59

Mate

All I am saying is: if there is some light at the end of the tunnel, it is worth continuing. But if no one has any solutions, I may as well give up.

There are a lot of good people who have lots of experience. If I had given up on day 1 I would not have enjoyed the journey or met some nice people.

So if there is no solution there is no solution. But HiFiBerry tell me it works, the RunePeople tells me it works. So I have to give it my best shot.

No hard feeling if it does not work. All I can say is I gave it my best shot.

Do not be so quick to pick the meat of the carcus.
foxint

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi