C2 Wifi Settings and Network Mounts Not Being Saved (solved)

ODROID related support

C2 Wifi Settings and Network Mounts Not Being Saved (solved)

Postby GrantYN » 02 Oct 2016, 23:10

I just received an ODROID C2 with the Hifi Shield. It booted right up after I burned the latest image onto a microSD card. I've able to access it when it's attached to the router via wired Ethernet. So, I've set it up with a Wifi dongle and it seemed to work for a while, then it lost the Wifi settings. Then it lost the NAS mount settings. It seems to lose the settings for the HiFi shield as well.

My ODROID C1+ seems to have no such problems.

Grant
GrantYN

Re: C2: Wifi Settings and Network Mounts Not Being Saved

Postby hondagx35 » 02 Oct 2016, 23:47

Hi GrantYN,

welcome to Rune Audio.

So, I've set it up with a Wifi dongle and it seemed to work for a while, then it lost the Wifi settings.

What does "for a while" mean?
Did you cut power?

The image is made read only, changes are only saved by rebooting or shutting down via UI.
Mine is running since months without loosing anything.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby GrantYN » 03 Oct 2016, 00:35

FRank,

thanks for the welcome. I really like this software and have it installed on 2 BBBs and 1 C1+. The BBBs work well, but I wanted the later version of Rune, so bought a C1+. I like the added features of the C1+ and RuneUI and it seems to be stable and robust, but it's interfacing via USB to a Cambridge Audio DAC.

I bought the C2 with the hifi shield to build a setup for a friend. Its current status will be difficult for him to support being a relative techno-phobe. Actually, in its current state, I'm struggling to support it and I'm pretty comfortable with technology be it Mac OSX, Linux, Windows, coding, or hardware.

"a while" can be immediately as in refresh the page, to later when I try to use it or check on it. It worked for about 30 minutes or so, I think. I played part of an album wirelessly on it. I went to check on it again later and it was disconnected from the network, so I plugged it back into the wired Ethernet and found that the wireless was down, but also the network mount. So, I reentered all the parameters again, SSID and passphrase, and NAS parameters, etc. It worked again wirelessly. This morning the settings had disappeared again, however, I had moved it to a new location. I had to plug in the wired Ethernet again. It was like it was in a virgin state nothing was where I had set it up before: timezone, network mounting, wireless parameters, input source, even the hifi shield was gone from the selection dropdown (I had to go back and re-enable the kernel module for it).

Grant
GrantYN

Postby hondagx35 » 03 Oct 2016, 10:09

Hi Grant,

hondagx35 wrote:Did you cut power?

The image is made read only, changes are only saved by rebooting or shutting down via UI.
Mine is running since months without loosing anything.

- resize the image
- setup your wifi, shares ......
- reboot (via UI)

Frank
hondagx35

Postby GrantYN » 21 Oct 2016, 22:06

Thanks for the information. Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I was traveling a lot over the past couple of weeks or so and just finally got back to this problem

Yes, I hadn't realized that I needed to reboot the system in order to save the settings.

I seems to be working well now.

Grant
GrantYN

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to ODROID