Block spam on the forum

General discussion about RuneAudio. Do not post any support or feature requests here.

Block spam on the forum

Postby jonas18z » 01 Feb 2015, 12:18

Why can't anyone block spam on the forum?
jonas18z

Re: Block spam on the forum

Postby ACX » 01 Feb 2015, 20:24

Because it isn't so simple without affecting the way users subscribe :)
We currently use a "human" antispam question now that used to work very well with spambots. I'm almost sure that the spam we are receiving now is from human spammers, who seem to not have anything better to do in life than coming here posting shit.
If that continues, we will be forced to install more strict countermeasures.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby skrodahl » 03 Feb 2015, 12:50

As a moderator, I have been quite busy removing spam.
Now, with a bit stricter measures in place, I hope you won't see these messages anymore. They are quietly removed in the background.

Your post may be stuck for a while in an approval process, but we're approving as soon as we see it. If you discover spam, please report it using the exclamation mark/triangle icon. This will simplify our task of removing these posts.
-skrodahl

Muffsy Phono Preamp PP-3 || Audiobah TPA3116 || ESP P88 || ProJect Debut Carbon Espirit DC || RuneAudio / RaspBerry Pi / HifiBerry DAC || Dynaco A25
skrodahl

Postby ACX » 03 Feb 2015, 15:56

Following the suggestion of tux (Archphile's mantainer), who had the same problem on his forum, we are now testing CleanTalk's service. Please monitor the situation and let's see if it's effective against the problem.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to General discussion