Bitperfect signal / MPD vs DLNA

Everything about Hi-Fi equipment

Bitperfect signal / MPD vs DLNA

Postby kw* » 27 Aug 2020, 11:23

Hi there,

I'm Oliver from Germany and I'm new here :)

Following starting position:

[Synology NAS] ---USB---> [amp]

Basically this works fine and is the straightest signal way from NAS (Synology DS716+II) to amp which is capable to handle digital audio files up to DSD256 (Audiolab M-One). Server app is "Synology Audio Station", DoP is activated, transcoding disabled.

The problem: after an indefinite period of time (sometimes on from beginning) the amp looses input signal and I have to pull the USB plug once to reactivate the connection.

The solution: runeaudio (Odroid C1+) ...as a "technical upper" and it works. ;) :D

Well..runeaudios library gui is quite nice but Synologys "DS Audio" (iOS) is little more extensive (cover overview, lyrics, etc.). So I've enabled DLNA in runeaudio as an output option for Audio Station.

[Synology NAS] ---RJ45 (DLNA)---> [runeaudio] ---USB---> [amp]

All signal ways are exclusively digital. Does that make a difference in bitferpect operation?

BTW, something 'curious': start playing a song - regardless of whether with runeaudio or DS Audio - both show identical values in their gui (play/queue) and i can handle the same song at the same time. So what bitperfect solution is the best for an audiophile nerd like me? :D

Regards,
Oliver
Raspberry Pi 3 B+, rAudio-1 v20230101
kw*

Re: Bitperfect signal / MPD vs DLNA

Postby kw* » 27 Aug 2020, 21:57

To isolate the aforementioned problem, I'll answer myself. The DLNA option isn‘t gapless so there‘s no need for further thoughts. :)

...and the winner is RuneAudio.
Raspberry Pi 3 B+, rAudio-1 v20230101
kw*

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Hi-Fi systems