Berryboot With RuneAudio and Openelec?

Raspberry Pi related support

Berryboot With RuneAudio and Openelec?

Postby dryce » 12 Jun 2014, 23:23

I am in the process of preparing the software for a Pi build with Openelec and Rune. I would like to dual boot them from a single sd card if possible. Berryboot requires that the Rune image be converted to Squashfs first. When following the tutorial on creating the image, I end up with a 4.1kb converted file. This just doesn't seem right. Has anyone else done this with Rune? Thanks.
dryce

Re: Berryboot With RuneAudio and Openelec?

Postby dryce » 13 Jun 2014, 01:16

I think I may have solved this. There were three available partition options to convert to Squashfs. Rather than the second one it appears to be the third that contained all of the pertinent info. I won't know 100% until I receive the Pi and all of the necessary equipment, but I'm looking forward to trying everything out. Thanks folks!
dryce

Postby Midnight » 13 Jun 2014, 13:18

Squashfs is a read-only file system. I guess you won't be able to store any Runeaudio settings (unless you also create a partition and map it to the Squasfs partition with UnionFS).
Midnight

Postby dryce » 13 Jun 2014, 23:48

If you have a better way, please share. This is my first time trying to dual boot a pi. I have one running a VOIP setup, but that's all so far. Come to think of it, are you certain the settings can't be saved? I have installed OpenWrt and DD-Wrt squashfs images before and the settings were maintained on reboot until I changed them. I assumed berryboot worked in a similar fashion.
dryce

Postby amadeus74 » 24 Oct 2014, 22:42

Hy dryce.

Have you finally make a dual boot with RuneAudio and OpenElec?

Can you please write every passage you've make for it to work?

Thank you.
amadeus74

Postby dryce » 29 Oct 2014, 18:49

Sorry for the late reply. I was unable to get it to work properly with berryboot. I ended up using two separate sd cards.
dryce

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi