Beginner's wishes

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

Beginner's wishes

Postby so_la_la » 18 Nov 2014, 23:40

Hi, first of all I would like to thank you for this wonderful piece of software! This is the only software I managed to get running (I also tried OpenELEC and Pi Musicbox).
Maybe someone could quickly go about feature requests I have - I do not mean to be rude, I mean, I know this is built from people in their leisure time etc.
However, I have purchased a RPI and a Hifiberry DAC and I found some shortcomings on the software side which I will just list in the hope someone can point me to a solution:
1. Is there a possibility to import .opml-files into RuneAudio? (not so important but maybe easy to implement?)
2. I have my playlists in a folder called playlists on the nas and in m3u-format. Can I make RA read these lists somehow? (very important to me.)
3. Can I have some kind of library function, that is can I search for artists, albums, release year etc.? All I find is the NAS's folder structure. Basically I wish RA would read all MP3-tags...
4. Can I display embedded lyrics?
5. Can I rate tracks and sync ratings back to the collection on the NAS?
6. Can I create playlists in RuneAudio and transfer them to the NAS in order to edit them further?
7. Is there a decent Windows Phone App that allows for some additional functions? (as those stated above) All I know is Chimney; the Web Interface in IE on the phone is awful slow.
OR: Is it worth the money to purchase a cheap android device (phone or tablet) in order to get a well equipped app just to control RuneAudio?
Thank you for hints and advice!
Raspberry Pi B+ ---- Hifiberry DAC ---- Synology NAS 112 j ---- Fritzbox 7330 ---- WinPhone 8.1
so_la_la

Re: Beginner's wishes

Postby so_la_la » 19 Nov 2014, 23:54

so_la_la wrote:3. Can I have some kind of library function, that is can I search for artists, albums, release year etc.? All I find is the NAS's folder structure. Basically I wish RA would read all MP3-tags...

Volumio 1.5 seems to have this...
http://volumio.org/volumio-1-5-best-vol ... ayer-ever/
Raspberry Pi B+ ---- Hifiberry DAC ---- Synology NAS 112 j ---- Fritzbox 7330 ---- WinPhone 8.1
so_la_la

Postby ACX » 20 Nov 2014, 01:43

Hi so_la_la,
I'll try to reply quickly at your points:

1. not at the moment and I don't know anything about that at this time
2. try to put them in /var/lib/mpd/playlists
3. we are already working on it and it's almost finished, but it will have a different approach from the Volumio's one (mobile first UX and coherence with the current UI were main requisites while developing this)
4. not yet, maybe in the future
5. this is on our future roadmap
6. yes, you can through the playlist management (buttons at the bottom left in the Queue screen) - you'll find the result in /var/lib/mpd/playlists
7. dunno.

Which Windows phone are you using? My girlfriend has a Lumia 520 (not a flagship killer...) and she uses the RuneUI with no problems.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby so_la_la » 21 Nov 2014, 15:58

thank you for your answer.
You're right about the web interface. It runs very smooth on my nokia lumia 620. There are just these hang-ups, I don't know when and why but it says "connecting" for quite a long time...
So for the playlistis I will have somehow to map the playlist path on my NAS with the RaspberryPi/var/lib/mpd/playlists. I must admit I have no idea how to do this. And it gets further and further away from my Notebook where I run Musicbee to create the playlists in the first place...

EDIT: could it be that IE on the phone works only after the PC connected to RuneAudio? Ah no I get it. Each time RuneAudio starts, devices must be mounted anew. You will have to go to Menu/Sources/network mounts and save mount manually. Is this the way it is supposed to work?
so_la_la

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Feature request