Basic (very) Html UI for RuneAudio

General discussion about RuneAudio. Do not post any support or feature requests here.

Basic (very) Html UI for RuneAudio

Postby datto » 24 Sep 2015, 17:06

Hi all,

I'm trying to access RuneAudio from my Kindle 4.
There is not native mpd client for the Kindle 4, but it has a very basic browser which of cannot of course display RuneUI.

I tested various mpd Web client (phpMp, phpMp2, mpd remote, ...), most of them are working from the Kindle, but none could properly display the RuneAudio libraries (ok when I access the mpd running on my debian box).
Also most of them had php errors when running directly on the RuneAudio system (ok on apache 2.2 + mod php 5.4).

My requirements is very basic : List all the "albums" in library + add "all from album" to the playlist, then play and clear playlist ... but in plain HTML 1.0 with limited/no JS.

1. Has some one already implemented similar functionality ?

2. I'm not at all familiar with PHP, but I suspect it will take me the same time to debug/update the existing phpMp than implementing something from scratch (considering my minimalist requirements).
Is RuneUI based on a reusable mpd PHP API that I can use for my project ?

Any (other) suggestions are welcome (I'm a C developer with no knowledge of UI / Web technologies).

Thanks in advance.
datto

Re: Basic (very) Html UI for RuneAudio

Postby ianhaynes » 25 Sep 2015, 09:03

You can get alternative browsers to run on the Kindle and that would surely be your best option. See:

http://www.technipages.com/kindle-fire- ... ternatives

Firefox or UC would probably be best.

HTH
Pi 2, Ver. 0.5b, IQAudio DAC+
ianhaynes

Re: Basic (very) Html UI for RuneAudio

Postby datto » 25 Sep 2015, 11:30

Mine is an ebook Kindle 4 from 2011 not a Kindle Fire.
datto

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to General discussion