Audioquest Dragonfly

Working DACs, USB dongles, ...

Audioquest Dragonfly

Postby thedavo » 13 Jun 2014, 19:37

Up and running fine. Seemed to be muted as default when I plugged it in, but a quick change of settings in ALSA sorted that out.
thedavo

Re: Audioquest Dragonfly

Postby wick » 23 Jul 2014, 00:29

Hi,
I am running a R-pi model B w/ Dragonfly 1.2 as output device & just downloaded the latest Rune,
but I can't seem to get any sound out of the Dragonfly. Would it be possible for you to share your
alsa settinigs? (lsusb and aplay -L shows the dragonfly as recognized; and amixer shows that
changing the vol knobs on the rune gui changes the amixer vol levels, but I'm getting 0 sound
out. The Dragonfly is listed by aplay as card 0 and as the default audio device)
Thx.
wick

Postby wick » 23 Jul 2014, 00:45

PS: so, doing: cat /dev/urandom | aplay
does indeed output white noise to my speakers thru the Dragonfly output, so
that part is working.
Perhaps mpd doesn't know how to play my files? They are apple lossless encoded.
Thx for any help.
wick

Postby wick » 23 Jul 2014, 01:07

Continuing w/ same issue: well, I was able to get the Dragonfly playing music streamed
from my NAS (Apple Lossless) by manually editing the mpd.conf file as suggested elsewhere, but the resulting
audio is simply horrible. Perhaps someone can point out what needs to be done. Here
is the relevant change to my mpd.conf file addition, from http://volumio.org/forum/usb-dac-sound-t1370.html:

Code: Select all
audio_output {
enabled   "yes"
type   "alsa"
name   "AudioQuest DragonFly"
device   "hw:DragonFly"
#device   "hw:0,0"
dsd_usb   "yes"
mixer_type   "hardware"
mixer_control   "PCM"
#mixer_device   "hw:0"
mixer_device   "hw:DragonFly"
mixer_index   "0"
replay_gain_handler   "mixer"
}
wick

Postby cmh714 » 25 Jul 2014, 23:50

Assuming your DragonFly is device 0 that should work. In my experience with the 1.0 version, I have had that issue often enough, usually the edits you made and reboot a few times seemed to auto-magically make it work.

I have the mixer disabled, so no volume control through UI as that makes for better quality.

and that looks like it was from a post I previously made....and yes, volumio had same issues. Rune is significantly faster and lighter so I find it works better. also tried PiBox and will probably try archphile as well.
cmh714

Postby cmh714 » 26 Jul 2014, 00:16

here is the snippet from the 0.3 version, I havent touched anything, its default. However, I had the same problem a few times as I already stated. In versiion

audio_output {
name "AudioQuest DragonFly"
type "alsa"
device "hw:1,0"
auto_resample "no"
auto_format "no"
enabled "yes"
}
cmh714

Re: Audioquest Dragonfly [SOLVED]

Postby wick » 17 Aug 2014, 18:51

Using alsamixer to unmute the DragonFly, and then preserving the state, seems to work perfectly.
(Rune on Beagle Bone Black)
wick

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Compatibility list