Solved-Audio Cutoff on Web Radio with Harman Kardon Speakers

Please report any bug found here

Solved-Audio Cutoff on Web Radio with Harman Kardon Speakers

Postby Naranj223 » 03 Apr 2015, 12:52

[SOLVED]

Just to update this for anyone with similar speakers. Harman Kardon gave me a solution which works very well, it might seem a bit counter-intuitive.

The solution is to lower the volume on the speakers and to raise the volume on Rune Audio, and it works.

Previously I had my speakers at about 80% of full volume, with Rune Audio's volume typically at 40-50.

Now the speakers are at around 40%, and Rune Audio's volume at ~80. The problem hasn't come back since.

***** Original Post

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/R9W07ikG

When playing web radio quite often the sound stops, which I'm assuming is the power-save feature of the speakers activating - as the light on the speakers goes off.

A work-around is to quickly change the volume up & down, then the speakers light up again and the music resumes.

The strange thing is that this only happens with web radio.

NFS & USB playback don't have this problem.

It's becoming a bit more frequent now, and I'm not sure how to fix it.

This may not be a Rune Audio issue of course, but has anyone fixed a similar problem? Also, it has happened with a Wolfson DAC & a HifiBerry DAC+ so I don't think they're a probable source of the issue.

Any ideas?

edit: Oddly enough, this issue has now just happened with some music I was playing via NFS! :shock:

The music does have a long stretch of silence in it - so I'm beginning to suspect that it's a 'feature' of the speakers that there may not be a way around.
Naranj223

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Bug report