Airplay not working

Please report any bug found here

Airplay not working

Postby pacsabi » 01 Nov 2014, 09:54

I can connect with any device to airplay and it seems working but no sound on Hifiberry Digi
pacsabi

Re: Airplay not working

Postby jnfindley » 22 Nov 2014, 23:21

I'm having the same problem with a Raspberry Pi Model B connected to a PCM2704 USB DAC sound card that works with music on a flash drive.
jnfindley

Postby jnfindley » 25 Nov 2014, 13:20

jnfindley wrote:I'm having the same problem with a Raspberry Pi Model B connected to a PCM2704 USB DAC sound card that works with music on a flash drive.

I tried it again this morning and found that when I am using AirPlay that the audio is coming out of the Pi's analog jack (low quality), not the USB DAC. Does anyone have a link to a thread with a solution to this problem? I've tried searching for AirPlay, but did not find anything useful. This thread is the closest match I could find. Thanks!
jnfindley

Postby Baloothebear4 » 27 Nov 2014, 15:54

Hi,
I have been using the 0.3 beta version on a wired LAN, connected into an ARCAM irDAC on a RiP B+ with a Samsung class 10 microSD all powered from an iPad (i.e. 12w) PSU. Some things work well e.g. Web radios, file find and stream from Mac OS X, last FM. All with very good quality. However, Spotify does not work (at all), also I have had the connecting issue shared elsewhere where the circles go around endlessly. The "git pull" fixes have helped. However, the build does not seem very stable and requires a reboot after 30-60 mins or so of use.

My main issue is that Airplay, through the irDAC works but is very distorted - the only way I can describe it is that the music is mixed with a loud buzz that chops up the sound. I have also tested the analogue output - this does work however, undistorted? Also Volumio works fine on Airplay so it is Runeaudio SW issue. The DAC sounds great for web radios and files from the NAS so its not the DAC, just Airplay which I was the main reason for getting into all this.

I hope there are some suggestions or fixes out there as I think Runeaudio has great potential and much prefer it to Volumio.

Thanks
Baloothebear4

Postby jnfindley » 27 Nov 2014, 22:58

I finally got AirPlay working with my Raspberry PI and USB DAC. I updated RuneUI, and set the output to my USB DAC, and then it worked just fine. I'm quite pleased now. :D
jnfindley

Postby dimmuboy » 30 Nov 2014, 23:50

In my case I can't see airplay from my android device. I used AllStream app but it search only DLNA source.
dimmuboy

Postby grahamnewman » 09 Dec 2014, 10:26

@Baloothebear4:
I have exactly the same issue with 0.3 beta version on a wired LAN, connected into an ARCAM irDAC on a RiP B+. The Audio sounds dreadfully chopped up.
grahamnewman

Postby alxjalmeida » 16 Jan 2015, 19:15

I just got things running last night: RuneAudio 0.3 Beta, RPi B+ Model, Peachtree Audio DAC connected via USB 24bit/192Khz.

Playing 24/96Khz content works great from USB storage connected to Pi, but running Airplay content to the RPi works but the sound is very very distorted and unlistenable like others have noticed on this thread.

I simply wanted to add the "me too" as I am new to RuneAudio and this is the only problem I am currently experiencing.

But overall love this project fantastic software and the Pi is perfect for this type of device!
alxjalmeida

Postby zauberflote » 21 Jan 2015, 00:15

Hi All,

I have recently installed v.0.3 beta on a Raspberry Pi B, connected (USB) into a NAD 1050 DAC and wifi. I really like its simplicity and overall sound quality. Being a user of other HTPC systems (Openelec. Raspbmc, Volumio), my first week with Rune Audio has been good enough to become my 'audio project of choice'. Congratulations for the dev team! And it is still a 0.3beta...!

After some tweaks and lots of googling, I also managed to configure a reasonably stable wifi connection with static IP. Majority of functions are working ok, including added web radios and file streaming (mostly 16/24bits, 44.1kHz) - partially limited by samba/NFS shares issues (ghost mounts / wifi), already discussed in other posts.

However, I'm also experiencing the same issues with AirPlay posted by other users: although discovery and connection are immediate, the sound is very distorted and AirPlay becomes non usable. I've tested different devices (iphone, ipad) and systems (iOS5.1 - iOS8.1), with the same results - no success.

I'm also looking forward to suggestions and/or fixes, as I'd like to have the flexibility of AirPlay included in my setup.

Thanks!
zauberflote

Postby robertinjo » 21 Jan 2015, 01:49

I can confirm that, AirPlay is really muffled.
robertinjo

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Next

Return to Bug report