Adding Local Radio Stations

Download (hi-res) albums/tracks for free

Adding Local Radio Stations

Postby MuseChaser » 17 Nov 2018, 19:15

Just discovered this today after a little research, although I'm sure a lot of you folks already knew this. Just in case..

I wanted to add a local news/talk radio station to my Rune "Webradio" list, but it's an iHeart radio station with no apparent copyable stream address on their webpage. It appeared that you had to listen through their app or on their webpage. Not one to take "no" for an answer, I did a little searching and found something that works.

1. While on the iHeart page and listening to your station, hit Cntrl-U to open the page of code.
2. Search for "streams" , including the quotes.
3. Somewhere after that, you'll see one that says "Shoutcast." That's the one you want. Copy and paste that link, starting w/ "http:/..." etc (do not include the quote) into the address field when you add a Webradio station in Rune, and you're good to go!
MuseChaser

Re: Adding Local Radio Stations

Postby eea123 » 02 Dec 2019, 13:26

So I have a subscription to SiriusXM; actually have a PolkXM home tuner as well as myself and my wife's car (3 tuner contract). As some my know, XM has more internet streams than satellite feeds. I have added streaming to my account, but would like to add the URL feed to Rune. My wife would like the Jazz Christmas feed which is streaming only until a few days before Christmas. The worst case is I just patch cable the computer to the stereo.
eea123

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Free resources