Adding files to Mounted USB Drive

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: Adding files to Mounted USB Drive

Postby dunghnguyen » 27 Mar 2016, 16:24

Actually I had issue after copying to LocalStorage 7-8 files then I found this thread viewtopic.php?p=7730#p7730 as the solution advised by @hondagx35 so let me try tomorrow. I am going back for the result then.
Last edited by dunghnguyen on 27 Mar 2016, 16:35, edited 2 times in total.
dunghnguyen

Postby Grundgütiger » 27 Mar 2016, 16:28

Works now. Very strange. I have no idea what triggered it. All the time I could access the Pi with the Mac's Finder or the app Pathfinder (that I normally use instead of the Finder app) via smb and could do everything with every file and folder except the mounted USB drive, because of insufficant rights (which was wrong). As Apple isn't very good with network I normally use cifs instead of smb. This somehow didn't work with Pathfinder. But as I could access the other parts of the Pi, I never thought this was the problem with the USB drive. So I now used cifs within the original Finder app which somehow worked fine with the USB drive on the Pi. Back to Pathfinder it then worked here too. And now the normal smb command works fine too. I'm confused. And scared. :?

Grundgütiger

Postby PeteB » 27 Mar 2016, 17:21

Grundgütiger wrote:...And now the normal smb command works fine too. I'm confused. And scared. :? ..

Perhaps your Mac was just receiving new instructions from the mothership... :mrgreen:
PeteB

Postby dunghnguyen » 28 Mar 2016, 16:07

Tested as the link on my post #11 above is ok. Could delete files well.
dunghnguyen

Postby dunghnguyen » 30 Mar 2016, 17:11

Flash Rune again without any mod but it can be copied/deleted to/from USB? What it is happening ? :) ... mothership adjusted something ? ;)
dunghnguyen

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Previous

Return to Raspberry Pi