Ability to play audio track only, on RuneAudio

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

Ability to play audio track only, on RuneAudio

Postby Samsonite801 » 10 Oct 2016, 04:26

I have lots of mpg and mp4 videos I've captured off You Tube which are music based (just showing pictures on the video), or talk radio recordings and other documentaries, and I think it would be a cool feature if video files could be played, where Rune would just play the audio..

Not sure how much interest would be in this, but I think it would be cool to have that ability.
Samsonite801

Re: Ability to play audio track only, on RuneAudio

Postby hondagx35 » 10 Oct 2016, 16:26

Hi Samsonite801,

on my system RP3 with latest image i can play downloaded videos from youtube (mp4) without issues.
OK i have updated mpd to latest version, but i think it should also work on stock image.

You can check this with:
Code: Select all
mpd --version

on the console.

Frank

- Get access to the console:
Use SSH from your PC
    If you are not familiar with SSH read this for Windows or this for Linux/MacOS
    The default login for RuneAudio is "root" with the password "rune" (without quotes).
hondagx35

Re: Ability to play audio track only, on RuneAudio

Postby Samsonite801 » 16 Oct 2016, 05:38

Sorry, forgot to reply back right away to update...

I tried it and it does work !

Funny but when I originally made this post I never actually tried it, I just assumed (and we know what that does), but I just assumed it wouldn't work.

This is a nice feature. I like to listen to all the cool concerts I ripped from You Tube where you don't need the video but just want to hear it.

I like it !
Samsonite801

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Feature request