Windows File sharing access I/O error

Please report any bug found here

Windows File sharing access I/O error

Postby Sangram » 10 Oct 2015, 17:23

Hi

My first post here :)

I'm trying to set up a RPi 2 to read and playback files from my network folders.

I don't have a NAS, but a central Windows computer that serves all my media through file shares over the network - SMB I think.

I am getting the red check mark in the UI. I cannot connect to the remote folder. I've tried using the IP as well as Windows share name, but to no avail.

This is the error message in the interface:
mount error(121): Remote I/O error Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

All other Windows machines can read and use media on those folders without a password, by means of Homegroup sharing. For Android devices I have to enter a username and password. I assumed that those would be required here as well, so I turned off guest access and used that username/password combo.

I've copied the debug code but posting it takes the character count well above the 60k character limit. Says it is 87149 Characters.

Playback from mounted USB device works fine, and the Audioquest Dragonfly is recognised and hardware volume is enabled. Have a few more DACs to test but for now the big roadblock is the ability to read files off the network. No way I can get a USB drive big enough for my music files.

Thanks for the assist!
Sangram

Re: Windows File sharing access I/O error

Postby hondagx35 » 11 Oct 2015, 00:01

Hi Sangram,

This is the error message in the interface:

mount error(121): Remote I/O error Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

If found something here:
Solve mount.cifs “Remote I/O error” after data transfer
Posted by Wood on 17 December 2014, 12:57 pm

Mounting a Windows 7 (SMB) share on Linux gives us a “Remote I/O error” like below:
mount error(121): Remote I/O error
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

Solution:
This is Windows problem and following registry values need to be changed:
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\LargeSystemCache - set it to 1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters\Size - set it to 3

I've copied the debug code but posting it takes the character count well above the 60k character limit. Says it is 87149 Characters.

See here how to collect and post debug data..

Frank
hondagx35

Postby Sangram » 11 Oct 2015, 18:11

Hi Frank

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I did in fact get the Mount working, it was no fault of the Pi or RuneAudio. My Windows file sharing was the issue. For some reason it stopped sharing with all non-Windows devices, so I had to re-share all the required directories.

I'm exploring this platform as a low-power replacement for Windows and Foobar with a small footprint. Hopefully It'll work out well :) I'm still trying to figure out a few things and we'll see how it goes.

Thanks again for your help!
Sangram

Postby ACX » 12 Oct 2015, 15:02

Sangram wrote:I'm exploring this platform as a low-power replacement for Windows and Foobar with a small footprint.

That was exactly my goal when I started to work on this project :)
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Bug report