Wi-Fi Connection Issues

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: Wi-Fi Connection Issues

Postby toast » 24 Aug 2016, 20:28

Hi disco-very, just signed up to this site as i was having a very very similar problem to you albeit on a rpi2. Just wondering, are you using the built in wifi adapter?

My problem was solved when i swapped out my wifi dongle and replaced it with one of those wee edimax dongles https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003MTTJOY/... what i was using was a Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8191SU, https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015Y26TEO/ - so my thoughts, in my particular case are:
1) perhaps i need to install newer drivers
2) perhaps it was drawing too much power

Now i am more inclined to 2) in my particular case as 99% of my pi problems are power related, but i presume that the hifiberry amp comes with adequate power. So looking at 1), is everyone else using the onboard rpi3 wifi with no problems?

perhaps, if you have access to a wifi dongle it might be worth a go?

t.
toast

Postby disco-very » 25 Aug 2016, 17:14

toast wrote:Hi disco-very, just signed up to this site as i was having a very very similar problem to you albeit on a rpi2

I'm using the built in wi-fi on a Rpi3.

It connects straight away and straightforwardly using Raspbian and Volumio, it's just Runeaudio which gives me some issues.

My PSU is a 90W 4.5A multi voltage laptop PSU running at at 16W (tested) which can do the full 19W

Might look into a wi-fi dongle with external antenna so I can fit a rubber duck aerial for better range ans the Pi will be inside a "box," it might limit it, might not, I'll have to try and see what happens.

Long term project. I'll post some pics in the DiY section when it's up and running 8-)
disco-very

Postby hondagx35 » 25 Aug 2016, 17:49

Hi disco-very,

have you read my last post?

Frank
hondagx35

Postby disco-very » 27 Aug 2016, 13:25

hondagx35 wrote:Hi disco-very,

have you read my last post?

Frank

I did, thanks. Have a workaround for now and don't want to change the wi-fi SSID (a simple single hyphen) because there are 11 other devices connected to wi-fi which don't have an issue with a hyphen ;)
disco-very

Postby giobauermeister » 19 May 2017, 22:42

disco-very wrote:
paul0731@gmail.com wrote:No idea why but it would suggest (as above) an issue with special characters in my SSID

I also could not connect to WiFi. My SSID had a special character. Removed it and then it worked!
giobauermeister

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Previous

Return to Raspberry Pi