Webradio cuts out after a while or after navigating RuneUI

Please report any bug found here

Webradio cuts out after a while or after navigating RuneUI

Postby Espionage724 » 30 Dec 2015, 12:05

I've tried a few radio stations. They'll play fine for over an hour, but then abruptly stop. Most of the time, this is after I take a quick peek at the song name at RuneUI from my web browser and then either navigate to some other section, or close the tab. I think there was one time where the music just stopped without me touching RuneUI prior to it.

When the music stops, it seems to stop both audibly and connection-wise (no significant activity from ethernet). The play time continues counting from RuneUI though.

I'm using a RPi2 and have RuneUI up-to-date (did the git stash and git pull thing to fix updates, and also disabled wireless). From what I can tell, the stations themselves aren't cutting out, and my internet connection is stable as well (I've had a Kodi radio setup that played one of the streams continuously for days).

I disabled MP3 gapless support too without any change.
Espionage724

Re: Webradio cuts out after a while or after navigating Rune

Postby ianepperson » 21 Jan 2016, 09:39

Could it be a weak USB power supply? I've occasionally had problems with my Pi when trying to do too many things (USB + audio, audio + network, etc) that went away when I used a more reliable supply.
ianepperson

Re: Webradio cuts out after a while or after navigating Rune

Postby hondagx35 » 02 Apr 2016, 10:58

Hi all,

this should be solved with the latest RP2 / Rp3 image.
We have installed mpd-watchdog for this.

My internet provider cuts the connection every night, so i had "hanging" webstreams very often.
With mpd-watchdog the stream stops playing a few seconds and restarts as soon as the connection is available again.

Frank
hondagx35

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Bug report