Webinterface Compatibility with old Systems

Please report any bug found here

Webinterface Compatibility with old Systems

Postby Devox » 22 Sep 2014, 12:39

Hi,

I don't think I can refer to this as a "bug", but I have a really old Ipod Touch (First Generation, iOS 3.1.3), which I revived from the dead and would like to use as a runeAudio-Remote, via the Web interface. But it does not work. In Safari the rune-interface loads in the Background, but the spinning "connecting"-arrows keep spinning and won't let me get to the Interface. I tried serveral other Browsers to no avail. And for this old system it's really hard to find apps, that's also the reason why things like "mpod" don't work (It requires at least iOS 5) - Is there a chance that, maybe in a future release, the old safari Browser on iOS 3.1.3 will be working with the rune webinterface? Or does this Browser simply miss some key-Technology for the Interface to display/work proper?

It would be really nice if I could give this old Ipod a new purpose. :)
Devox

Re: Webinterface Compatibility with old Systems

Postby ACX » 22 Sep 2014, 12:54

Hi Devox,
the web interface relies on modern technologies (Bootstrap - currently v3.2.0 - and some javascript libraries) that require modern browsers to work properly. I'm afraid that such old versions of Safari don't meet the compatibility requirements.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Re: Webinterface Compatibility with old Systems

Postby Devox » 22 Sep 2014, 14:31

I had already feared that. Thank you for the Info.
Well, I will try to get an old version of Mopd and tinker with that... But it looks like this old device is going to be an expensive Desk-Clock. :D
Devox

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Bug report