[BugFix] .wav files not seekable (v0.4, Pi3 and OdroidC2)

Raspberry Pi related support

[BugFix] .wav files not seekable (v0.4, Pi3 and OdroidC2)

Postby huckepucke » 10 Jan 2017, 17:01

Hello,
using latest Pi3 or Odroid C2 rune image I had a problem seeking in .wav and .aif files.

While playing flac files I was able to seek in music files via left time-knob control in playback section this seemed to be broken while playing .wav or .aif files: music was still playing and there was no graphical feedback (no changes of current playback progress in time-knob control).

To debug mpd activity I called seek command via ssh using "mpc seek 50%". I got:
Code: Select all
"output error: not seekable"

So I updated to latest mpd version via pacman to 0.20.1. After that I had to resolve some changed library dependencies (libicui). With mpd 0.20.1. I got changes of current playback progress in left time-knob control but same error message (“not seekable”). Unfortunately this was not the solution for my problem.

Finally I fixed the issue by updating "libsndfile" to latest version (via pacman -Sy libsndfile) to version libsndfile-1.0.27-1. After that seeking in .wav files now works fine.
huckepucke

Re: [BugFix] .wav files not seekable (v0.4, Pi3 and OdroidC2

Postby hondagx35 » 10 Jan 2017, 18:44

Hi huckepucke,

Finally I fixed the issue by updating "libsndfile" to latest version (via pacman -Sy libsndfile) to version libsndfile-1.0.27-1. After that seeking in .wav files now works fine.

Thank you very much for posting this. After updating libsndfile skipping works perfectly for wav and aif.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby s_k » 23 Jan 2017, 21:49

Glad I found this topic, seems like this would be the solution for me too.
Pity I am not RBP-savvy enough yet to really figure this one out.
I did a big search for pacman updates but couldn't reall find how to just get the libsndfile-file and put it on the RPB.

Is there a step by step explanation for these updates somewhere? Or could someone help me out with this one?
I can live without skipping through WAV files (I mainly use FLAC) but it'd be nice if literally everything worked.

Other than that, brilliant piece of software!
s_k

Postby hondagx35 » 23 Jan 2017, 23:29

Hi s_k,

the only thing you have to do is:
Code: Select all
pacman -Sy libsndfile

on the console.

Frank

- Get access to the console:
Use SSH from your PC
[list]If you are not familiar with SSH read this for Windows or this for Linux/MacOS
The default login for RuneAudio is "root" with the password "rune" (without quotes).
hondagx35

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi