VU Meters?

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

VU Meters?

Postby Yatsushiro » 11 May 2016, 10:33

For those of us running a dispaly of some sort (I run the 7" waveshare), can something like this be implemented?

https://github.com/project-owner/PeppyMeter.doc/wiki

Either incorporated in the main Rune playback screen, or as an optional full screen display.
Yatsushiro

Re: VU Meters?

Postby hondagx35 » 11 May 2016, 11:14

Hi Yatsushiro,

yes would be cool to have such a feature, but:
The Circular Stereo meters (vintage, grunge, compass) consume about 60% of CPU. That's because UI update area is two times bigger comparing to the circular mono meter.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby Yatsushiro » 11 May 2016, 12:56

Hi Frank

I did see that, but those are the most CPU hungry meters, with the others listed at 17 and 40%. Even so, with Rune consuming so little, there would appear to be headroom.

I'm tempted to try it for myself...
Yatsushiro

Postby Dohmar » 13 May 2016, 03:08

This would be a cool feature. Please let us know how you go with it

-D
Dohmar

Postby donimo » 17 Jun 2016, 14:48

If you are interested, I have recently added twin VU 'type' meters to my web radio running runeaudio. They are very cheap Chinese imports and need a driver. I bought the driver board from the same site. I have connected them to the input side, before the amplifier. This means they respond to the input signal and not the volume control. They are cosmetic and serve no purpose other than I like the retro look. Image
Let me know if you want more info.
donimo

Postby ACX » 18 Jun 2016, 10:17

donimo wrote:If you are interested, I have recently added twin VU 'type' meters to my web radio running runeaudio. They are very cheap Chinese imports and need a driver. I bought the driver board from the same site. I have connected them to the input side, before the amplifier. This means they respond to the input signal and not the volume control. They are cosmetic and serve no purpose other than I like the retro look. Image
Let me know if you want more info.

Nice job! Have you designed the whole thing?
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Feature request