powerbutton.service - (Shutdown button)

Raspberry Pi related support

powerbutton.service - (Shutdown button)

Postby Julian M1 » 01 Mar 2021, 10:19

Hi, I noticed that the powerdown facility in rAudio-1 is not present in the basic sw release, but occurs after SW update, so presumably it was added in an update.
My question is if this can be used when also using a Top Hat DAC board (I use the InnoMaker HiFi DAC) due to the board using I2S pins of the interface?
I also saw that although there seems to be a way to change the pins chosen, in practice, the system always jumps back to the selection made by default: pin5 for on and pin 40 for off. Pin 40 is I2S DOUT. Does this powerdown facility working with DAC boards?
Thanks for any help. Julian

RPI 4B + InnoMaker HiFi DAC + rAudio-1 + RPi 7" Touch LCD (899-7466)
Julian M1

Re: powerbutton.service - (Shutdown button)

Postby rern » 02 Mar 2021, 12:04

Only power on requires pin 5. OFF and LED pins are selectable.
Power Button has been tested with a 3.5" TFT LCD installed on GPIO. An I2S DAC should be fine as well.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby Julian M1 » 02 Mar 2021, 21:30

Hi RERN, thanks for your answer. "OFF and LED pins are selectable."
I was not able to modify these pins away from default. I could select other GPIO pins (J8 numbering?), but when I press OK to close the selection, and reopen it again, I see that the new values were not saved. Can others verify this same issue?

Good to hear that I2S pins are supported by powerbutton. I can check this tomorrow when my extra HW arrives.
Julian M1

Postby Julian M1 » 07 Mar 2021, 09:46

I was now able to check out the powerbutton.service operation and I found a system oddity when I tested the system. I tried out the release of rAudio 1: 20210302 and an older release and found that the MPD menu section had no Output or Bit-perfect sections in it. When I switched off I2S in System/ Audio -12S is disabled, then the MPD section came back. So I guess that either switching pin 5 to gnd (I2S=SCL), or pin 40 to gnd (I2S=DOUT) is something needed by powerbutton, but not enjoyed by MPD/I2S.
As my top hat DAC board was not compatible with power button (using pin 40), I could reprogram the powerbutton off switch to pin 36 (not used for other functions), this works, but pin 5 for switch on is fixed and fails my system if used. Could this be either reprogrammable or switched to pin 11 (which is seems to be not used for other functions)?
Julian M1

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi