RuneAudio+R e4

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e4

Postby Sonic » 12 Aug 2020, 22:02

TBH I was somewhat hoping some others would post some similar observations to those below before me, as I couldn’t believe I was the only one with these problems.

Having discovered that image 20200720 would no longer access the Addons page, or extract cover art from FLAC files without a needed downloaded file. I downloaded the latest image from the first post (20200721) and set about creating a new installation. As reported by others this version seemingly has problems with the MPD library. After watching the flashing library tab for 20 mins I too can confirm that once completed there were no files reported on the library icons, or found on the attached USB drive shown in the ‘Sources’ menu page.

Installed update 202008061 rescanned the library and there were the files. Although, the Albums icon now seemingly reports the total number of discs, rather that albums. If you take account of each individual disc of a double or triple album CD being in a separate folder within the main album folder (CD1, CD2… etc.).
The bigger problem – after applying update 202008061 and updating the library I found I couldn't activate my I2S S/PDIF HAT. The System page I2S switch activates and allows you to select the required HAT in the menu, but doesn’t then prompt you to reboot on leaving the System page to activate it. And a manual reboot does nothing but reset the switch to the default off position.

Anyway, four further attempts to re-image the SD card and start from scratch ended up with a few notable problems in both 20200721 and 202008061.

In 20200721 you can activate an I2S HAT, but the activation is seemingly locked once the 202008061 update is applied. If update 202008061 is applied before a HAT is first set in 20200721, you can’t activate it at all.

The Sound Profile setting doesn't work in either 20200721 or 202008061. After selecting the required profile and rebooting, the setting always reverts to the default RuneAudio profile.

The Wifi switch is missing in the System page of 202008061. Subsequently, you can’t turn off Wifi unless you do it in 20200721 before updating to 202008061.

Not sure on this one. But apparently, the GPIO option is permanently on – since I get a GPIO pop up showing each switch deactivating when powering off the system. Even though the System page reports the GPIO option is off.

This one existed in 20200720 as well: Once the browser is rebooted after first activating the mouse cursor in the ‘Browser on Rpi’ settings – the ‘Browser on Rpi’ button is shown as off and the settings gear icon disappears a few seconds after the button is reactivate. If you do manage to open the settings menu again in the few seconds the gear is visible, the numerical entries in the menu are blank and the mouse button is shown as off. The Rpi browser remains active and the mouse cursor visible regardless.

System: Rpi3B+ > Allo DigiOne Signature.

Hope some of this helps

Sonic
RPi3B+ > Allo DigiOne Signature > Audiolab M-DAC
RPi3B+ > HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro > Cambridge Audio DACMagic+
Sonic

Postby Garrido33 » 13 Aug 2020, 00:49

Hi Rern,

There's still a problem with the radio station coverarts. When I switch from one radio to another in remote mode, the coverarts don't refresh on the local screen (in playback). If I do the same on the local touchscreen, it is the contrary (no refresh of the coverarts on the computer screen). However, the radio station and the titles displayed have changed. The issue does not arise with the library coverarts, which are instantly synchronized on all the devices.
Thanks for your hard work.

Garrido33
Garrido33

Postby vaughan » 13 Aug 2020, 21:03

Folks, in case it's of use to anyone, I have written up a process for configuring an Infrared Remote Control to control RuneAudio (without needing LIRC) - for example to toggle play/pause, advance to next track, etc, without having to open a browser. You can find the article at https://vaughanharper.com/2020/08/12/configuring-an-infrared-remote-control-to-control-runeaudio-archlinux-without-needing-lirc/ .

Vaughan
vaughan

Postby jsouza » 14 Aug 2020, 21:48

Today I downloaded the latest +R e4 for Pi2 from the link in the first post and wrote the image to a clean SD card. Pi2 is connected to my network via Ethernet. Booted the device and was able to connect remotely to the web UI. Immediately performed an update via the advice in the first post. That appeared to be successful. Wasn't sure if necessary but decided to reboot the device, via the Power menu in the web UI. Device seems to no longer boot, or at a minimum it is not connecting to the network. Physically disconnected power from the device, then reapplied power, no difference. Perhaps I'll try again later with a new clean image, and perhaps choose not to reboot until I've configured the software for my Pi HAT DAC, etc.
jsouza

Postby elex » 14 Aug 2020, 22:22

I am on the latest version. My database looks OK as I can query for various tracks, for example.

root@runeaudio+R e4:~ # mpc find -f %title% album 'Led Zeppelin IV' artist 'Led Zeppelin'
Black Dog
Rock And Roll
The Battle Of Evermore
Stairway To Heaven
Misty Mountain Hop
Four Sticks
Going To California
When The Levee Breaks

When I attempt to navigate through the web interface or a touchscreen, I'm unable to go into the artist or album section via the library. A simple mpc query of artist returns artists as well. Something looks to be breaking for me in mpdplaylist.php, but I've not been able to figure out what. Perhaps a strange character or something that throws it off. Any guidance on tracking this down would be appreciated.
Elex
--------------------------
Raspberry Pi 4b
HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro
elex

Postby electroremy » 15 Aug 2020, 16:57

Hi everybody!

I wonder if there is it a stable version of Rune Audio.

I've the last official version (quite old) running on a Raspberry Pi 3+ with a HiffyBerry Hat.
I control Rune Audio with it's web Interface, on a smartphone connected to my local network.

There are a lot of bugs...

Listening to music should be a cool activity and a pleasure ... but when you have to turn on a computer to fight with Rune Audio instead of passing just a little hour to listening music it's a nightmare.

So I think, for this kind of product, that it's very important for users to get a stable version.

I prefer a simple but sable version instead of a version with a lot of extra functions but unstable.

Basically, I need just to read MP3 and streaming radios.

Best regards
electroremy

Postby AndyF » 15 Aug 2020, 17:31

Hi electroremy,
on my RPi3b with Hifiberry most works out-of-the-box with Re4. "A lot of bugs" is not very precise, though. On my system it feels very stable. It's a pleasure to use.

Regards, Andy
AndyF

Postby electroremy » 15 Aug 2020, 17:48

Hi,

With the last official version, now :
- musics stop playing after few seconds, I have to turn off the RPI
- playlists are not accessible if queue is empty
- sometimes radio streaming stop and I can't restart it
- shutdown does not shutdown the RPI (If I make a shutdown from the UI, I can always access Rune Audio when I refresh the webpage)
- sometims restart does not work

The last official version is an old version found here : https://www.runeaudio.com/download/ ; this page should be updated if possible...

I want to try the RuneAudio+R e4 but before I read the forum and I'm afraid about possible issues

Indeed I store all my music on the SD card (it's a 128Gb SD card, I expend the file system to store my MP3 inside it)
So update Rune Audio means format the whole SD card, and copying all files again... that's take a lot of time !

Finally it's not a good idea to store both system and music files on the same card.

Best regards
electroremy

Postby ceejayemm » 15 Aug 2020, 18:19

electroremy

You will be far better off with the relevant RA+re4 version for your RPi from the first post of this thread. Yes there might be a few 'issues' depending on your setup but you are more likely to get this version fixed than any other.

Many have tried in vain to get the official downloads links updated to later versions, good luck with this request.

You say that you store all your music on your SD card along with the RA system but then you say that's not a good idea - correct. Why not use a smaller SD card for the system and a separate USB drive for your music (if you want your music to be local). Then updating the SD card will not destroy your music files, but you might need to rebuild your library but that that shouldn't take too long.

Chris
ceejayemm

Postby kroma » 16 Aug 2020, 12:38

Hi,

I have an issue with Spotify.
I switch on the Spotify knob (on the system page) and it goes off autumatically after some seconds!
I have tryed it many times (revrited SD card, more new install etc.)
I am a premium user of Spotify and my system is RPI4 with Ian's double ES9038 DAC hat. I use my android phone to control.
Anybody can help me please?
Thanks!
kroma

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi