Playlist location

Raspberry Pi related support

Playlist location

Postby Hwrd69 » 11 Feb 2020, 02:15

I wanted to take a look at the structure of the playlist used in the RuneAudio system and I found in the posts where it says it is stored. I have only created one playlist and it is not there. Yet when I look at the playlist in the UI it has the correct name. I'm using WinSCP to go through (and search) the directories but neither looking in the correct directory or searching from the top finds the playlist.

Suggestions? Or, directions?

Thanks for any responses.

RPI4
Runeaudio v e 2
Hifiberry DAC +Pro
Samsung T5 500GB SSD
Thanks for any responses and assistance.

RPI4
RuneAudio+R e3
Hifiberry DAC +Pro
Samsung T5 500GB SSD
Hwrd69

Re: Playlist location

Postby lakeuk » 15 Feb 2020, 00:11

Playlists appear in /var/lib/mpd/playlists
(Pi 3, Ver. 0.4b build 20170229, usage m3u radio streams playlists)
lakeuk

Re: Playlist location

Postby Hwrd69 » 23 Feb 2020, 15:04

lakeuk wrote:Playlists appear in /var/lib/mpd/playlists

I'm not sure why it is different, but when I checked the above location I never found a playlist. So I created phony playlists just to be sure I wasn't messing up with the naming convention. Never found them. Then, while using SSH to search for playlist names, I found the playlist located in
/srv/http/data/playlists/. Don't understand why it was different, but it is.

Since I now know where they are, I would like to get more information regarding playlists and creating them in the RuneAudio UI. I want to create several variations on my playlist, based on genre mainly. However, when I create a playlist (post-rock for example) and then go to the album folder or song, click on the far left symbol to add to playlist, I don't get an option that allows me select which playlist I want to add it to. Is there are reason for this action, or am I missing another function? Also, is there a third party program that creates playlists independently that I can then add to the directory for use by RuneAudio? I'd prefer a Windows based utility for convenience.

I love the looks and the sound of my system so far, I just wish the documentation was better so that I wouldn't have to ask so many Newbie questions. Que sera, sera.
Thanks for any responses and assistance.

RPI4
RuneAudio+R e3
Hifiberry DAC +Pro
Samsung T5 500GB SSD
Hwrd69

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi