RuneAudio 0.3-alpha for Raspberry Pi

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.3-alpha for Raspberry Pi

Postby cmh714 » 25 Jul 2014, 16:10

ACX wrote:
ICLlP wrote:One thing I've noticed with 0.3 alpha (the first Rune I've been able to use) is that if I add an album to the playlist with "add, replace, play" the played tracks remain in the playlist after completion. In Volumio the get lost once they are completed; I prefer this. Hopefully Rune can do the same. In everything else I am preferring Rune to Volumio.

Could you describe me the behaviour in other words? I expect from the "Add, replace and play" to see the entire queue replaced by the selected resource and to start the playback from the first entry of the new queue. Was that different before?

I think there may be a language/communication barrier on this one :)

If I follow ICLIP correctly, the issue is when playing songs in Volumio/Rune0.2 the songs disappear from the Playlist after they were played. In Rune 0.3 the behavior changed to keeping the song in the Playlist.

at least that is how I am reading into it.
cmh714

Postby Woodhouse » 25 Jul 2014, 20:12

cmh714 wrote:
ACX wrote:
ICLlP wrote:One thing I've noticed with 0.3 alpha (the first Rune I've been able to use) is that if I add an album to the playlist with "add, replace, play" the played tracks remain in the playlist after completion. In Volumio the get lost once they are completed; I prefer this. Hopefully Rune can do the same. In everything else I am preferring Rune to Volumio.

Could you describe me the behaviour in other words? I expect from the "Add, replace and play" to see the entire queue replaced by the selected resource and to start the playback from the first entry of the new queue. Was that different before?

I think there may be a language/communication barrier on this one :)

If I follow ICLIP correctly, the issue is when playing songs in Volumio/Rune0.2 the songs disappear from the Playlist after they were played. In Rune 0.3 the behavior changed to keeping the song in the Playlist.

at least that is how I am reading into it.

What you describe here, sounds like consume mode. It can be toggled at least in mpdroid. It is an mpd feature.
Woodhouse

Postby ACX » 25 Jul 2014, 21:35

cmh714 wrote:If I follow ICLIP correctly, the issue is when playing songs in Volumio/Rune0.2 the songs disappear from the Playlist after they were played. In Rune 0.3 the behavior changed to keeping the song in the Playlist.

This describes exactly MPD's "Consume mode", as Woodhouse correctly pointed out.

If that's what was happening in the 0.2-beta... I'm sorry but it means that it was a bug and not a feature :) I suppose I made a mistake during the making of RaspyFi's UI and then I forgot it there (and that's because it's still there in Volumio and it was also in RuneAudio 0.2-beta). I must have realized it during the deep code rewrite of the 0.3-alpha and fixed it (but frankly I don't remember it...).

You could enable consume mode anyway, the only problem is that I temporarily removed the button from the UI :D
It was misleading as it had a trash bin icon (as you can see in this screenshot), so many people were afraid to click it... I have to admit it was my design fail. I'm going to reintroduce it in the next release, reviewing that row of buttons in a smarter way.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby ICLlP » 25 Jul 2014, 23:44

ACX wrote:
cmh714 wrote:If I follow ICLIP correctly, the issue is when playing songs in Volumio/Rune0.2 the songs disappear from the Playlist after they were played. In Rune 0.3 the behavior changed to keeping the song in the Playlist.

This describes exactly MPD's "Consume mode", as Woodhouse correctly pointed out.

If that's what was happening in the 0.2-beta... I'm sorry but it means that it was a bug and not a feature :) I suppose I made a mistake during the making of RaspyFi's UI and then I forgot it there (and that's because it's still there in Volumio and it was also in RuneAudio 0.2-beta). I must have realized it during the deep code rewrite of the 0.3-alpha and fixed it (but frankly I don't remember it...).

You could enable consume mode anyway, the only problem is that I temporarily removed the button from the UI :D
It was misleading as it had a trash bin icon (as you can see in this screenshot), so many people were afraid to click it... I have to admit it was my design fail. I'm going to reintroduce it in the next release, reviewing that row of buttons in a smarter way.

I think I've been understood correctly. I never use the "Main" view as in the screen shot. I'm a one album at time person, as if I was selecting a CD or LP, playing it and then selecting another. In the old Volumio functionality I could select a single album to the playlist and it would play through with each track leaving the list when completed. At the end of the album the playlist is empty. This "new" way, all the tracks remain in the playlist so in effect one album is on repeat play. Not what I want.
ICLlP

Postby ACX » 25 Jul 2014, 23:56

ICLlP wrote:I think I've been understood correctly. I never use the "Main" view as in the screen shot. I'm a one album at time person, as if I was selecting a CD or LP, playing it and then selecting another. In the old Volumio functionality I could select a single album to the playlist and it would play through with each track leaving the list when completed. At the end of the album the playlist is empty. This "new" way, all the tracks remain in the playlist so in effect one album is on repeat play. Not what I want.

You can quickly find back your happiness enabling the consume mode, so everything will work as you were used to.
As the corresponding button is now hidden in the UI, you can do through our HTTP APIs:

Enable consume mode
http://runeaudio.local/command/?cmd=consume%201
Disable consume mode
http://runeaudio.local/command/?cmd=consume%200

EDIT - An invite to everyone to make this thread more readable: please just quote one message at time :)
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby ICLlP » 26 Jul 2014, 22:54

Thank you! That works.
ICLlP

Postby ow25 » 27 Jul 2014, 12:57

Hi

Just trying out rune audio and would like to install snd-usb-hiface drivers for my DAC but I get the missing kernel headers error when I run the make file. I'm not to familiar with archlinux as I'm use to Debian. How do I get the 3.12.19 kernel headers on arch Linux?

BTW I really like the gui , and how it connected to my nas no issues.

Thanks
ow25

Postby cmh714 » 27 Jul 2014, 15:41

I think it would be done in a similar way using the package manager, which for arch is pacman.
cmh714

Postby ow25 » 28 Jul 2014, 08:55

Hi

I'll need some more direction than that

on ubuntu/debian on a PC i could do apt-get install kernel-headers-$(uname -r) to install the headers easily. on arm devices it tends to be a bit more difficult.

raspbian (debian) had a nice script (https://github.com/notro/rpi-source/wiki) written for installing the kernel headers to match the headers of the installtion.

I'm no linux expert and arch linux is new to me but on the raspberry pi running debian i could use the above script to get the headers and then install the snd-usb-hiface drivers which worked pefectly. Any help on getting the required headers in arch would be tops.

Thanks
ow25

Postby skrodahl » 28 Jul 2014, 17:08

ow25 wrote:Hi

I'll need some more direction than that

on ubuntu/debian on a PC i could do apt-get install kernel-headers-$(uname -r) to install the headers easily. on arm devices it tends to be a bit more difficult.

raspbian (debian) had a nice script (https://github.com/notro/rpi-source/wiki) written for installing the kernel headers to match the headers of the installtion.

I'm no linux expert and arch linux is new to me but on the raspberry pi running debian i could use the above script to get the headers and then install the snd-usb-hiface drivers which worked pefectly. Any help on getting the required headers in arch would be tops.

Thanks

I can't remember if I did any updates on my system (it's more than likely), but normally the correct kernel headers should be installed. Try this command:
Code: Select all
[root@runeaudio ~]# pacman -Q | grep headers

My output (kernel headers and uname -a) does not match though:
[root@runeaudio ~]# pacman -Q | grep headers
linux-api-headers 3.14.1-1
[root@runeaudio ~]# uname -a
Linux runeaudio 3.12.19-2-ARCH #1 PREEMPT Thu May 22 15:35:00 UTC 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

A search with pacman gives no success, as it shows only the latest release:
[root@runeaudio ~]# pacman -Ss linux-api
core/linux-api-headers 3.14.1-1 [installed]
    Kernel headers sanitized for use in userspace

You might have some luck if you google 'downgrade packages arch linux', but I have never been down that route...
-skrodahl

Muffsy Phono Preamp PP-3 || Audiobah TPA3116 || ESP P88 || ProJect Debut Carbon Espirit DC || RuneAudio / RaspBerry Pi / HifiBerry DAC || Dynaco A25
skrodahl

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi