Ver 0.4 vs Ver 0.3

Please report any bug found here

Ver 0.4 vs Ver 0.3

Postby roberto.tione » 18 Apr 2016, 21:45

Hello, following possible bugs detected on V0.4 not present on V0.3. Rasp Pi 2B + USB2 Xmos

- MPD < format "96000:24:2" > does not work anymore
- MPD < mixer_control "XMOS Clock Selector"> does not work anymore --> impossible to set HW volume

- WiFi Static IP address randomly resets. Even when setting is maintained, WiFi does not work with static IP address. Said address does not appear into the router DHCP host node list --> impossible to assign QoS to Runeaudio to prevent frequent steam interruptions from NAs

- NAS stream far more unstable and irregular, measured from NAS net usage realtime graph --> frequent music interruptions

- Add, replace and play command only adds at queue tail without erasing the provious queue

Kind regards, and thankx for the huge job, Roberto
roberto.tione

Re: Ver 0.4 vs Ver 0.3

Postby hondagx35 » 18 Apr 2016, 22:45

Hi Roberto,

roberto.tione wrote:- Add, replace and play command only adds at queue tail without erasing the provious queue

Works perfect on my setup.

roberto.tione wrote:- WiFi Static IP address randomly resets. Even when setting is maintained, WiFi does not work with static IP address. Said address does not appear into the router DHCP host node list --> impossible to assign QoS to Runeaudio to prevent frequent steam interruptions from NAs

WiFi works without issues (static / DHCP) on my setup. My wifi dongle is the EDIMAX EW-7811Un.
Why should a static IP appear in your routers DHCP list?

roberto.tione wrote:- NAS stream far more unstable and irregular, measured from NAS net usage realtime graph --> frequent music interruptions

This may be related to your wifi issues.

roberto.tione wrote:- MPD < format "96000:24:2" > does not work anymore
- MPD < mixer_control "XMOS Clock Selector"> does not work anymore --> impossible to set HW volume

Have you seen the yellow hint on the "Post a reply" page?
To get the best possible support, please specify your hardware and RuneAudio version. Collecting debug info is also suggested.

Without your debug info help is nearly impossible.

Frank
hondagx35

Re: Ver 0.4 vs Ver 0.3

Postby roberto.tione » 23 Apr 2016, 10:22

Hi Frank

Sorry for late reply, I took time to repeat all the steps carefully.

- Rasp not connected to DAC --> rooter is in another room

- WiFi dongle is LB-LINK RTL8192CU --> it worked perfectly on V0.3

- Set IP address 192.168.1.100 Mask 255.255.255.255 --> it worked perfectly on V0.3 --> setting was performed properly, GUI reporting WLAN IP 192.168.1.100

- Disconnect eth cable, reboot router, reset Rasp, no connection available both accessing with name and directly with IP 192.168.1.100. Checked the same by using PuTTY, no access.

- Reconnect the eth cable, reset Rasp, look at the NET CONF GUI page --> WLAN0 [no IP assigned]

- DEBUG Collected http://pastebin.com/YN6vPC43

- Removed WLAN profile (it existed but it didn't connect by clicking on it) and new profile recreated with DHCP assignement

- Reboot Router and Rasp --> all works perfectly, DEBUG collected http://pastebin.com/p8LQBq9d

- For completeness, I repeated the IP assignement 192.168.1.100, reboot all the system again (Rasp reboot by SW command) --> GUI reporting WLAN IP 192.168.1.100

- get DEBUG through eth0 cable --> http://pastebin.com/fEM8g0jm

- disconnect eth0 reboot router and Rasp --> fails again

- all sequence tested with anonymous brand USB WiFi dongle 148f:601 Ralink Tech MT7601U (it didn't work at all on V0.3) and all what above reported repeated exactly the same.

I will now work tracking the sequence about the MPD settings.

Thanks in advance for your support

Roberto
roberto.tione

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Bug report