USB drive mounted as read-only...

Raspberry Pi related support

USB drive mounted as read-only...

Postby ghashul » 14 Aug 2014, 23:38

Hello!

I have got Runeaudio running on a rPi B+ with a USB harddisk (exfat) connected. Running 0.3-alpha version.
When I tried to copy files to the harddisk over the network I got an error message, so I decided to investigate and found out that harddisk is mounted as read-only:

Code: Select all
[root@runeaudio runeaudio]# mount | grep USB
/dev/sda1 on /mnt/MPD/USB/New Volume type fuseblk (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatie,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other,blksize=4096)

When I tried to remount it, it seemed to work at first, and I can browse the contents. After I tried to create a new folder I got an error, and cannot access it anymore, with this error

Code: Select all
[root@runeaudio Music]# ls
ls: cannot open directory .: Transport endpoint is not connected

Do you guys have any ideas how I can go about getting write access? Preferably some way that would survive a reboot, but if I have to do it manually that will still be better than not having access :)

Thanks in advance!
ghashul

Re: USB drive mounted as read-only...

Postby cmh714 » 15 Aug 2014, 00:52

cmh714

Postby ghashul » 15 Aug 2014, 08:37

Thanks a bunch, that did the trick :D
ghashul

Postby rocklander » 29 Jun 2017, 13:42

I've hit this issue twice now and the fix listed has not helped.
I'm using an adata DashDrive Durable UD310 Flash Drive, 16GB, USB 2.0, Black
(https://ascent.co.nz/productspecificati ... mID=416167)

I have sent one back for replacement some months ago as it suddenly became read only.
now it's happened again. I use the same drive in other systems (a mixer and my laptop) and never an issue, but for some reason after being used in the raspberry PI running runeaudio it suddenly becomes read only.

changing the /etc/udevil/udevil.conf has not helped
(it already had 'rw' for default_options_vfat and default_options_exfat, although default_options_hfsplus was set to 'ro', but even after changing that (and restarting the udevil service) it remains read only.

any thoughts?
rocklander

Postby hondagx35 » 29 Jun 2017, 15:26

Hi rocklander,

(it already had 'rw' for default_options_vfat and default_options_exfat, although default_options_hfsplus was set to 'ro', but even after changing that (and restarting the udevil service) it remains read only.

The question is, what filesystem is used on your device?

Did you shut down the drive cleanly the last time you used it? It may need a fsck / chkdsk!
Some file systems will be mounted ro by the kernel if there are errors on it.

Frank
hondagx35

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi