Unable to use airplay

Please report any bug found here

Unable to use airplay

Postby reddwarfusa » 11 Jul 2014, 23:14

I have tried multiple IOS 7 devices but I cannot get airplay to work on the raspberry pi. The device presents itself to the IOS devices correctly as a Shairport on runeaudio, but when I select it, whatever is playing directly pauses for a couple of seconds then resumes playing, in other words shairport never seems to associate with the ios device. I've seen other solutions that involve turning on IPV6 but I cannot see how to do that within the modules that are currently loaded. Am I the only one having this issue? Other than that i LURVE this product. I'm actually going to embed it in an older hifi (actually a Philips FW-i1000 circa 2002) to regain my network streaming ability but would love to have airplay work. Any idea???
reddwarfusa

Re: Unable to use airplay

Postby reddwarfusa » 14 Jul 2014, 15:28

As a follow up and to to test I installed Volumio and found airplay works perfectly, so I can only assume it is something to do with runeaudio's implementation of airplay. Any advice?
reddwarfusa

Re: Unable to use airplay

Postby redindian » 04 Aug 2014, 09:09

Same problem here. Some quick notes:

1. When no music is playing it doesn't show up
  2. If I pause the music and start Airplay the original music resumes

iOS 7, only used the Airdrop function of Spotify. Haven't tested other setups like my iPad on iOS6.
redindian

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Bug report