The Raspberry Pi 3

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: The Raspberry Pi 3

Postby Discovery » 15 Mar 2016, 23:37

Further listening confirms that I can't reveal any noticeable sound difference against RPi2 - it just sounded great earlier when I first tried it.

Thanks again.
Discovery

Postby Dohmar » 16 Mar 2016, 03:58

PeteB wrote:Question about the built-in WiFi:

From Broadcom management:
“We’ll be shipping a patch at some point to give people the option to disable the power saving.” — Eben Upton

So, has anyone had a chance to see if the onboard WiFi drops out after some indeterminate period of time?

Yeah it happened in the first 10 minutes of cataloguing my flac collection via SMB. I enabled the HDMI interface output and its been running fine ever since. Aside from that glitch and me not knowing how to set up the initial wlan via ssh, it was a very straightwork 'just works' installation.

Top work Frank and co!

-D
Dohmar

Postby PeteB » 16 Mar 2016, 06:19

It looks like the HiFiBerry hardware volume control fix is in, at least on the DAC+?
(meaning it is working after the board is enabled in config.txt with no further tweaks)

If so, that is a big Thank You Frank!

Looking at the upper limit of the corresponding "Digital" control in amixer, it seems 100% in the Rune UI now corresponds to 0db, so the numbers on the screen actually make sense, give or take 0.5 db rounding error.

Using amixer sget and amixer sset commands from the command line now works as expected, and I can tear up the four pages of cheat sheets I was using for testing... :D
PeteB

Postby Discovery » 16 Mar 2016, 13:59

Can anybody tell me if the Runeaudio remote control for Android work with the RPi3 build, i.e. without having to do the RPi 2 step of using the latest nightly build?

Thanks.
Discovery

Postby lukeap69 » 16 Mar 2016, 14:02

I didn"t do anything special - the Android RuneAudio app works like a charm on my Galaxy S6 and my Pi3.
lukeap69

Postby game_over » 16 Mar 2016, 15:41

Hi Frank,

thanks for pushing out this update so quickly! I've installed the Pi3 image linked earlier in this thread on my Pi with an IQaudiO Pi-DAC+ and it's amazing whilst it works but seems to lock up a ton. Is this a problem with my setup or to do with the new hardware not being fully compatible? It's running headless with my music being pulled from a Synology NFS share using Chrome and also the Android app to control. Also I'm using the Orion V3 Sound Signature if that makes any difference.

On reflection I don't know why I typed most of that, it's probably all in the debug info: http://pastebin.com/PQWymdg3
game_over

Postby game_over » 16 Mar 2016, 15:44

Discovery wrote:without having to do the RPi 2 step of using the latest nightly build?

Thanks.

Noob here, didn't even realise that was a thing. Installed and using, don't see any problems that aren't replicated using the browser access.
game_over

Postby hondagx35 » 16 Mar 2016, 15:48

Hi game_over,

and it's amazing whilst it works but seems to lock up a ton.

No idea what your question / problem is?

Frank
hondagx35

Postby Bravia » 16 Mar 2016, 15:57

Hi to everyone,

I want inform about my experience, PI3 with PI-DAC+, it was configured fine first by LAN, after by WIFI because I need this connection in order to connect it near my amplifier.

All seems works fine because it was able to read inside my synology and play with great audio quality, but after some minutes of not usage I'm unable to access again to the runeaudio player.

It seems like it go to stand by but is not able to wake up from that status, (maybe it is crashed but I'm not sure).

Moreover I noted some drops during the audio reproduction (twice for every song at least)

Thank you for your grat work, if you have any suggestions for solve this problem will be greatful
Bravia

Postby hondagx35 » 16 Mar 2016, 16:40

Hi Bravia,

It seems like it go to stand by but is not able to wake up from that status, (maybe it is crashed but I'm not sure).

Mine is running since 48h now without any problems (only wifi connection).
- browser?
- OS?
- connected via http://runeaudio or ip address?

Edit: The only thing with internal wifi is, that signal strength isn't great (internal antenna).

Frank
hondagx35

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi