The New 4-core Raspberry Pi

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: The New 4-core Raspberry Pi

Postby nopphong » 27 Feb 2015, 08:35

My pi2 arrive today.So i come to report.
pros
- I install the new image and it work very well and run very smooth.
- My tp-link wifi dongle work and no problem with search and connect to router.
- Library update process of usb harddisk is much much faster.
- When play high resolution file 24/192 it work really good.No crack sound and stutter.it much better than pi b+
- The sound of usb sound card is better.With more current from usb port dac sound better and with fast cpu it no have pop and stutter in hires file like before.
- dsd file is now working smoothly.Before on rpi b+ it cannot play or canplay but heavily stutter

con
- At first the sound is too low i have to go to console and use alsamixer to set it to 0db.
- When i use with sound blaster x-fi HD It have a little click when use forward button but no have click when use pi analog out.
- It rescan usb drive for song every time it reboot and take long time(many song in drive) i have to do as how-can-i-really-disable-auto-update-library-t793.html and it will not scan any more.
- if control by use runeaudio.local on some wifi router it not work or work but slow.I have to use ip number(192.168.1.xx) and it will work fast and perfect.But that inconvenient because ip will change up to dhcp assigned to it.

- dirble some time not working when click it have spinning circle and not go into library.
Last edited by nopphong on 27 Feb 2015, 13:28, edited 3 times in total.
nopphong

Postby beershaun » 27 Feb 2015, 08:59

Ok. After some web searching I tried the admin account login and am now getting.

CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -5

Is this potentially a bug in the Rune code not submitting the correct request to the Mac SMB share?

Pastebin link: http://pastebin.com/HdYhtAKJ
Last edited by beershaun on 28 Feb 2015, 22:39, edited 1 time in total.
Raspberry Pi 2, Hifiberry DAC+, Analog out to my Onkyo TXDS-787, Polk RTi100.
beershaun

Postby hondagx35 » 27 Feb 2015, 14:26

Hi exitoff,

Couldn't get Spotify working. Once you switch to the spotify audio renderer, it just spins and sits there

Spotify comes with the next image i'm working on.
hondagx35

Postby hondagx35 » 27 Feb 2015, 14:46

Hi beerschaun,
please post your debug info like described here.
hondagx35

Postby hondagx35 » 27 Feb 2015, 14:57

Hi nopphong,

- It rescan usb drive for song every time it reboot and take long time(many song in drive) i have to do as how-can-i-really-disable-auto-update-library-t793.html and it will not scan any more.

This is not RP2 specific, it is the same with all other images.

- if control by use runeaudio.local on some wifi router it not work or work but slow.I have to use ip number(192.168.1.xx) and it will work fast and perfect.But that inconvenient because ip will change up to dhcp assigned to it.

What OS and browser you are using?
If it is Firefox on Windows please try:
Code: Select all
http//:runeaudio

- dirble some time not working when click it have spinning circle and not go into library.

This is the first time i heard about that. Maybe it is your internet connection.
hondagx35

Postby nopphong » 27 Feb 2015, 16:06

hondagx35 wrote:What OS and browser you are using?
If it is Firefox on Windows please try:
http://runeaudio

Yes i use firefox. now It work. :) I will try on android phone later because last time it not work and i have to put ip number.

This the first time i heard about that. Maybe it is your internet connection.

Maybe you are right.Because now it work fine at night maybe it have too much internet user in the evening.

Thank you for reply.
nopphong

Postby jamesb » 27 Feb 2015, 19:18

I have successfully installed Rune Audio on my Pi 2 with I&Q Audio Pi-Dac+ and it sounds excellent. However, I can't get the hardware volume control to work; is there more configuration to do by logging in and editing files?

Thanks,

James
jamesb

Postby hondagx35 » 28 Feb 2015, 01:08

Hi jamesb,

the IQ Audio Pi-Dac+ is not in the database yet.

You can try to add it by yourself:
redis-cli hset acards_details snd_rpi_iqaudio_dacplus "{\"sysname\":\"snd_rpi_iqaudio_dacplus\",\"extlabel\":\"IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ (I²S)\",\"mixer_numid\":\"1\",\"mixer_control\":\"Playback Digital\",\"hwplatformid\":\"01\",\"type\":\"i2s\"}"

But i can not guarantee that it will work.
hondagx35

Postby anadigi » 28 Feb 2015, 03:41

Hi hondagx35 ,
I have downloaded your PI2 image and not booting at all, first I think may be my card is bad, then I put the Openelec img and works.
anadigi

Postby anadigi » 28 Feb 2015, 04:15

It is working now with the USB Image tool. However, it is not working with Win32Diskimage method.
Thanks!
anadigi

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi