Synology mount.nfs: access denied by server error

Raspberry Pi related support

Synology mount.nfs: access denied by server error

Postby 2010 » 10 May 2015, 11:40

Hello Rune community,

Apologies for starting this thread because I know this has been discussed before but I cannot create a network mount with my Synology DS215J and the issues with similar threads were due to network path mistakes, which isn't my problem.

I have been using Rune (with a Pi2, IQaudio DAC+/Amp+ with the latest Rune Pi2 image) with a USB flash drive as a source, everything has been fine until I tried using my recently purchased NAS as the source, I'm pretty certain I've enabled all settings in DSM (the nas OS) for sharing my music folder (192.168.0.100/volume1/Music) and my Mac & Windows machines can see it fine but for whatever reason Rune just doesn't mount.

I'm not familiar with linux, is there anything I can try from SSH to try to diagnose what's wrong?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Re: Synology mount.nfs: access denied by server error

Postby ACX » 11 May 2015, 10:09

Hi 2010,
have you already tried the solutions discussed in this thread?
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby 2010 » 14 May 2015, 15:53

ACX wrote:Hi 2010,
have you already tried the solutions discussed in this thread?

Thanks for the reply ACX, however I stumbled upon a solution to my problem.
In NFS permissions I changed the hostname/IP client from my Pi's IP to *, I don't understand why this allowed Rune to mount when the correct IP didn't but that's linux for you.

Postby ACX » 18 May 2015, 00:59

2010 wrote:In NFS permissions I changed the hostname/IP client from my Pi's IP to *, I don't understand why this allowed Rune to mount when the correct IP didn't but that's linux for you.

I would tell you... RTFM :D (joking)
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby johnaco » 15 Jan 2018, 05:05

Sorry for continuing this thread but it looks like I am running into the exact problem.
Unfortunately for me, the solution from @2010 of changing IP = * just gives me a nfs mount time out error.
@ACX, I did RTFM, but I am afraid it did not help me in this case :(
I also can SSH into runeaudio or NAS.
I tried to manually mount NAS dir from rune (root ssh), but there was no response.

Any further thoughts/ideas? (I have limited linux/networking/mount experience) :|

Thanks, John
johnaco

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi