Synology DS-415+ and RPi 2 mounting problem (22)

Raspberry Pi related support

Synology DS-415+ and RPi 2 mounting problem (22)

Postby zycamaniac » 03 Jan 2017, 09:09

Hello, just to be clear, I did tried searching the forum and google, and yet I cannot find a solution to my problem of mounting my Synology NAS on Runeaudio.

I can mount my main audio directory at volume1/General Data Dump/Music/ with NFS, and it will scan all the music just fine, however that is my main data directory (as shown by the name), and I'm just feeling too at ease by opening access to my entire data store unrestricted to Rpi/Rune-Audio, just in case something gets hacked.

I can mount it via NFS, but for some reason it does not like my dedicated directory (which I wouldn't get too upset if hacker got access to) at volume1/music/ It can mount via NFS, but just won't scan anything. Nada, a blank library.

If I try to mount via SMB/CIFS, it will say: mount error(22): Invalid argument Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
I didn't change any of the directory setting between NFS and SMB/CIFS, and since with password and possible configurable restrictions, I feel more at ease letting Rpi access my main data directory. But it just won't mount. And it wouldn't mount volume1/music either.

To put it in point form:

NFS:
Mounts dedicated directory at volume1/music, but won't scan.
Mounts my music store in general directory at volume1/General Data Dump/Music/ and scan and sees it all, but I feel uneasy about opening my general storage area up.

SMB/CIFS:
Mount error(22) for both of the above mentioned directory.

Any ideas? I searched around a bit, saw some similar problems, but none of the solution seems to help.

I have tried the following:
Access right tweaks, admin access (just gave it my admin account and password), the loosest possible access setting, different way of entering the directory location name (/, \, replacing space with %20, etc etc... nothing seems to change, except different error code from time to time.)

Thanks

David
zycamaniac

Re: Synology DS-415+ and RPi 2 mounting problem (22)

Postby zycamaniac » 03 Jan 2017, 09:12

I just went into advanced options and deleted mount flags, and the error code changed to:

Retrying with upper case share name mount error(6): No such device or address Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

This is the one I saw earlier on, perhaps mount flag got changed when I was switching between NFS and SMB/CIFS mounts?
zycamaniac

Re: Synology DS-415+ and RPi 2 mounting problem (22)

Postby zycamaniac » 05 Jan 2017, 08:33

Just some update, I didn't know I could use windows share to peer into what runeaudio was doing, I just found out I could. I logged in from windows file manager and saw it had mounted my NAS, I thought well, maybe we can try something if we could see what's going on.

So previously I mounted volume1/music/ and runeaudio acted as if there's nothing there, while volume1/General Data Dump/Music worked just fine for some reason.

So I kept the working mount and added an additional mount for volume1/music/ to see if I can see rune audio mount or if it failed to mount or something wrong. Well well, it mounted it just fine, I can see all the files, and I played the file on my PC (so the file goes from NAS -> Rune Audio -> my PC), and it worked just fine...

However, runeaudio still refuses to read it... I'm baffled, since all the file appear fine, no restriction I can see at all... Everything is connected to my gigabit switch, so speed should not be an issue at all.

I just don't get it, why both directory mounted fine, I can even leech all the file through runeaudio from my PC, but runeaudio just would not scan or read file from that directory.

You can see in the attached pic, runeaudio just won't show the newly mounted (about 15 minutes now) HB directory in the web interface (it did show two NAS sources, but when I clicked it, only HoneywellBox is displayed).

Any ideas at all??
Attachments
Runeaudio-NFS.png
Runeaudio-NFS.png (12.46 KiB) Viewed 1774 times
zycamaniac

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi