Spotify support in RuneAudio 0.3-beta

Please report any bug found here

Re: Spotify support in RuneAudio 0.3-beta

Postby Surson » 03 Nov 2014, 20:26

Hi Rune Audio team,

I don't know if it is the right place for it but I want to thank you for the very nice job for this new and awaited version. Everything is working perfectly out of the box (NAS, DAC, Hifiberry DAC+ driver, Wifi, Airplay ect.), it's nearly perfect :-)

Now let's enjoy good sound and music :geek:
Surson

Postby voorstad » 13 Nov 2014, 16:45

Seems we need to give kudo's here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/ideas/ ... 1#comments

to get this API released by Spotify......
voorstad

Postby jonas18z » 30 Nov 2014, 21:56

ACX wrote:
jonas18z wrote:Is it compatible with Spotify Connect?

No, Spotify Connect API is not public yet, and currently the SDK is only being distributed to Spotify Partners.
At this point the only way to do that would be doing reverse engineering on the protocol... hard and with uncertain results. If you want to try that way, here you can find some useful informations. Good luck about that...

The Desktop app is compatible with Spotify connect is't it possible to just run the real client to use it as Spotify Connect server?

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify ... i-p/689688
jonas18z

Postby ACX » 30 Nov 2014, 23:01

jonas18z wrote:The Desktop app is compatible with Spotify connect is't it possible to just run the real client to use it as Spotify Connect server?

Definetly not the ideal solution to the problem...
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby Retrocouple » 06 Dec 2014, 21:25

rune doesn't appear to be recognizing my Premium account. Is there a delay from the time of registration?
Retrocouple

Postby tatoosh » 13 Jan 2015, 18:54

it works fine with my device
tatoosh

Postby gumi_lee » 27 Jan 2015, 14:28

Spotify tested and noticed that it is very poor sound quality compared to playing flac files. Sometimes scratchy or noise. When playing music from spotify and switching tabs in RuneUI slowdown hear the playback.
gumi_lee

Postby Aquarius » 03 Feb 2015, 14:48

ACX wrote:
J@r0d wrote:I'm surprise, but if i choose volumio/runeaudio/daphile is only for want a bitperfect sound and i prefer quobuz at deezer or spotify

Qobuz is one of the most interesting candidates for a future streaming music service integration.

Hi all,

Now that 0.3 with Spotify is out of the door and in the hands of users, can we discuss further "audiophile" ideas? (feel free to move that post in the "Feature Request" if needed.

Is there any update on the "insert your favorite lossless streaming site here" integration ? Qobuz, Tidal, Wimp, whatever... I would understand if my own favorite (qobuz) is not the first to be included, but yeah that would be awsome.
Cheers!
-- Aquarius
Hifi Gear: RuneAudio/Volumio on Raspberry Pi B + Hifibery Digi, Atoll ST200 (network streamer, DAC, pre-amp), Emotiva XPA-2, Bowers & Wilkins 683
Aquarius

Postby ACX » 03 Feb 2015, 16:04

Aquarius wrote:Now that 0.3 with Spotify is out of the door and in the hands of users, can we discuss further "audiophile" ideas? (feel free to move that post in the "Feature Request" if needed.

Is there any update on the "insert your favorite lossless streaming site here" integration ? Qobuz, Tidal, Wimp, whatever... I would understand if my own favorite (qobuz) is not the first to be included, but yeah that would be awsome.
Cheers!

Quobuz seems to me the most interesing option indeed, it's something that we definetly want to integrate in the future. But I can't tell you how it will be placed on the roadmap yet...
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby flipdacrip » 24 Jun 2015, 10:51

Hi,
since some days i have an RPi2 with Hifiberry DAC+ and it works great with webradio.
For information: i have an Netgear WNA1000M WLAN-Stick and its without problems since hours, no interruption or something else.

I chose runeaudio because the spotify option.
My problem: i logged-in in my premium spotify account and when i went in spotify over "playback source" i dont know where to find songs or artists. In "search in DB" i typed in the artist or the song and nothing happens. How can i find songs and add to a playlist or edit in an other way?!?

@ACX: are there some new infos about spotify connect for future runeaudio-versions?

Sorry for my english ;-)

Regards
flip
flipdacrip

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Bug report